Window shopping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verve Designs

TAFNO Extensionize
Reaction score
Just been on another thread where a new Geek was asking how she might improve the look of her window in terms of posters and prices lists.

Basically- she wants to make it more inviting.

We see lots of threads on here about websites and leaflets etc etc. But how much attention do we put on our actual shop windows?

Thought it might be a good idea if everyone got their Iphones (or Blackberrys) and posted up here a picture of what their clients, or potential clients, are seeing- and get advice from fellow geeks (or indeed in the spirit of sharing- let fellow geeks see what you're doing right) on how to improve it.

Failing that- it gives us a chance to have a right good nosy at your window :)

How do you upload a pic from your iPhone please?

I don't have a window as I'm home based but I have given a few ideas on the other thread you mentioned :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

How do you upload a pic from your iPhone please?

In the reply page of the app click on 'open advanced options' thin grey band across the middle, it's in there

I reckon we see a lot of threads about websites & leaflets as a lot of geeks are mobile or home based & therefore that is their shop front. That's the case for me! Would love to have a nosey at everyone else's ;)

Here my shop front.

I hate posters in windows but I do have my shellac sign and a laminated price list. I have an aboard which we change at least once a month.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342561962.321719.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342561962.321719.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 894
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342561972.132890.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342561972.132890.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 704
Just been on another thread where a new Geek was asking how she might improve the look of her window in terms of posters and prices lists.

Basically- she wants to make it more inviting.

We see lots of threads on here about websites and leaflets etc etc. But how much attention do we put on our actual shop windows?

Thought it might be a good idea if everyone got their Iphones (or Blackberrys) and posted up here a picture of what their clients, or potential clients, are seeing- and get advice from fellow geeks (or indeed in the spirit of sharing- let fellow geeks see what you're doing right) on how to improve it.

Failing that- it gives us a chance to have a right good nosy at your window :)

I would love ideas on this! I really struggle with what to put in my window as I don't have much of a sill.

The problem I have is that I rent a room in a hair salon, so the shop front isnt mine, and I need to go the extra mile to make it known that I exist! I'll take some pictures tomorrow, but I have laminated signs in the window and I intend to get an A board for the pavement soon too.

Here my shop front.

I hate posters in windows but I do have my shellac sign and a laminated price list. I have an aboard which we change at least once a month.

Hurray! someone brave enough to have a go. Looks good! I'm all for the "uncluttered" approach personally.

I know they're not cheap (when I first got a quote for our salon sign MANY years ago I nearly had a heart-attack- I think it was £900!) but have you not thought about having the logo on the shop sign?

My sign is wonky, I did it myself. A new sign is on my list for sure. I'd love my logo on it, not sure how it would look this as the plastic stuff is long an thin and my logo is tall.

X

My sign is wonky, I did it myself. A new sign is on my list for sure. I'd love my logo on it, not sure how it would look this as the plastic stuff is long an thin and my logo is tall.

X

This is just a rough sketch- but you could have something like this.

Attachments

• BelleVie-Sign.png
    BelleVie-Sign.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 456
Wow I'm impressed you did that yourself! It's lovely I personally like the uncluttered look too. Means you can see in & nosey at what's going on :D xxx

Can we have some more please. I need ideas!!

I like that Carl.

I love that it all ties in with everythign else that has my name on it.

What does everyone think about putting curatains up on the inside, to soften the window both from the outside and the inside. I think it'd make it cosier on the inside.

I have a banner on the wall outisde to grab epoples attention when their walking past and were closed (so my A board is inside) every time i order from vistaprint I get a new one (free usually) with various different things on. that is my 4th banner so far. We dont have a high foot fall so I want to attract everyone i possibly can!

x

Hurray! someone brave enough to have a go. Looks good! I'm all for the "uncluttered" approach personally.

I know they're not cheap (when I first got a quote for our salon sign MANY years ago I nearly had a heart-attack- I think it was £900!) but have you not thought about having the logo on the shop sign?

Oh my good god that sounds like daylight robbery!

My stepdad is a sign maker, he does car graphics, vehicle wraps, shop signs etc. You name it he does it. I've helped him out on numerous occasions and I also do the accounts so unless your sign was huge and made of gold I've no idea why it would have been quoted so high.

X

Just an idea but leave the sign as it is. Get your logo cut out in vinyl and have it on one of your windows. People will still be able to see in and you out but will still be visible and eye-catching xxx

Just an idea but leave the sign as it is. Get your logo cut out in vinyl and have it on one of your windows. People will still be able to see in and you out but will still be visible and eye-catching xxx

Well, I had fancy back-lighting and lots of chrome and stuff....so went overboard really.

This was the window of one of my salons we did for the jubilee. We did the posters ourselves.
My sign is backlit and was expensive. Worth it thoughImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342622993.572830.jpg

This was the window of one of my salons we did for the jubilee. We did the posters ourselves.
My sign is backlit and was expensive. Worth it thoughView attachment 17601

Excellent- I like. Uncluttered, to the point and seasonal marketing (which keeps it fresh and shows your potentianl client that you're on the ball and you care)

Latest posts

Back