Winter sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missljw

Reaction score
Has anyone been to anywhere at end if jan/beginning if feb that's nice and warm, but not a million miles away? I've looked at Canary Islands but seen mixed reviews? I'm not wanting to spend a fortune! Thanks :)

Durban! Or Umhlanga

India! Kerala is lovely- nowhere near as commercial as Goa.

Thanks for both the ideas, would love to go there but wanted somewhere a little closer for this break. doesn't have to be boiling hot - and I'm happy with beach and a pool, with a few shops, bars and restaurants nearby. Any other ideas? :)

Egypt is nice most times if the year

Egypt is nice most times if the year

I did think about Egypt but not sure with all that's going on there if I trust booking something!

What's put you off the canaries?

Without going too far you. Only really got canaries a d the Middle East, which I would avoid like the plague,

Lanzarote can be have cold winds at this time of yr, but has lovely parts
Tenerife, is completely different to how it was 10/15 yrs ago "golden mile" is lovely I was pleasantly surprised

Mainland Spain will be chilly as will France

So really you need to broaden your search or look at canaries xx

Oh yes sorry didn't think about the trouble that's going on in Egypt. Think you may have to go a little further how about Florida

I've been to Egypt this year whilst all the trouble and my friend is there now, you have no trouble in the resorts like share where I went but if you want to defs stay away from it all look at hurganda (spell check lol) it is gorgeous my boyfriends parent go every year in winter months!! x

I've been to Egypt this year whilst all the trouble and my friend is there now, you have no trouble in the resorts like share where I went but if you want to defs stay away from it all look at hurganda (spell check lol) it is gorgeous my boyfriends parent go every year in winter months!! x

I cannot believe people are still travelling to this country, the Middle East is about to erupt big time,
War is war in my eyes.

The trouble in Egypt is really far away from tourist parts so you won't have any probs :) canaries are lovely. I used to go to gran canaria every October and some February's and was always comfortably warm :) xxx

What's put you off the canaries?

Without going too far you. Only really got canaries a d the Middle East, which I would avoid like the plague,

Lanzarote can be have cold winds at this time of yr, but has lovely parts
Tenerife, is completely different to how it was 10/15 yrs ago "golden mile" is lovely I was pleasantly surprised

Mainland Spain will be chilly as will France

So really you need to broaden your search or look at canaries xx

It just things ive read on other sites that's its actually not that warm at all?

Which canary island would you say is best for winter sun?

Cyprus?.... Won't be roasting hot- but will be more than pleasant.

Have a look at somewhere Paphos, or it's surrounding villages like Peyia.

You'll get a bargain on a villa (our family have one there!) and flights out of school term times, and it's only a four and a half hour flight.

You'll get a bargain on a villa (our family have one there!) and flights out of school term times, and it's only a four and a half hour flight.

What kind if temperature are we talking here?

That's what I'm hoping for is a nice bargain! Lol

I've just checked online and Dec/Jan/Feb is the coldest time of the year for Cyprus just hitting highs of 15c.

I went to Cyprus last August for my sisters weddings it was amazing and in the mid 30s every day it was sooo hot. My mum has just returned last month and it was the same. However from November time is when the temperatures drop for winter until about April time.

Also my mum has been to Tenerife a couple of times for New Year and got mixed weather, its a hit or miss. She said some days were hot enough to sunbathe others were chilly.

I went to tenerife a few years ago the first week of january, it was boiling, 70-80, no rain, was gorgeous. Mum and dad go twice a year, always in October and then often in february, and they always have great weather.

Thanks everyone :) I think I will be looking at Tenerife!

Cyprus is freezing in the winter months,
Used to live their and had a coal/log fire.

It just things ive read on other sites that's its actually not that warm at all?

Which canary island would you say is best for winter sun?

Tenerife, look out for bargains in las Americas towards Los Christianos, you will only need a cardi for night time,

Also price flights and hotel separately as airport not too far away to get a bus or taxi (20euro ish for taxi)

Latest posts

Back