Wiry eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maia

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i waxed a lady's eyebrows yesterday, she's in her late 50's and her brows very coarse, wiry and instead of growing flush against her skin they grow straight out, it really gets her down, i trimmed them and waxed to tidy them up a bit but obviously they still grow straight out. I told her that the brows do become more wiry as we get older but shes asking if theres any way of conditioning them and re-training them to grow so they sit flush against skin! My understanding is that this is how the follicles are allowing them to grow and not alot can change the follicles! I feel so sorry for her as it gets her down, and i've never come across this before! Just wondered if any of you guys have come across this, and if there's anything anyone can recommend to improve it! Is there anyway to re-condition them a bit? Or is this lady stuck with her eyebrows this way?

I've never thought of this before but have you could tame them with eyelash perm to straighten them. I'm sure that some other geeks with give you some brands to use.

Don't know if this is a help but my sis has wayward eyebrows & I suggested she used clear mascara to hold them in place it works well for her x

With the lash perm would i just brush the perming solution all over? And how would i hold the brow hairs down to skin for perm to take hold? Also the clear mascara, would that be enough to hold hairs flat as they are very course and wiry and literally stick straight out from follicle and skin.

Might be thick as a newbie but what about a bit of vaseline to tame them ?

Sorry if that is really stupid.

Not sure with the hairs sticking straight out but the marcara is a gel type that goes kind of hard, so I suppose it sets them if you brush it through the eyebrow hairs, hth x

You need something permanent really as the gel and mascara will only work for a short while.

I have a couple of clients with brows like this and I trim them back nice and low so they are neat and beautiful and quite 'flat'.

Hi everyone, I have a great trick for these blighters, trim down but not too much, then use Heated Eyelash curlers. It works like a mini curling tongs, then when not so curly but straightened out, trim again if necessary then use a brow gel and brush into shape. Voila brows sorted. my ladies love it, great for men too.

Hi everyone, I have a great trick for these blighters, trim down but not too much, then use Heated Eyelash curlers. It works like a mini curling tongs, then when not so curly but straightened out, trim again if necessary then use a brow gel and brush into shape. Voila brows sorted. my ladies love it, great for men too.

Now that's clever ;)

I've never thought of this before but have you could tame them with eyelash perm to straighten them. I'm sure that some other geeks with give you some brands to use.
I was thinking eyelash perm too, Maybe you could brush the perm solution onto her brows then use the lower lash gel pads over the brows to keep the hairs pressed against the skin? this way they would be more likely to lay flat. Never tried this but thats the only thing i could think of that would last your client. Alternatively trim them right down and teach her to fill in her brows with makeup

some of my clients have had good results using men's (head) hair wax. not a permanent result, but easy to do day to day. hth

Some great ideas, thanks will start trying them! And also is there a product that might condition them a bit! I haven't trimmed them too short so would be enough length to possibly try the perming or heated lash curlers! Think it's just a case of going through the ideas and see what works best. Thankyou guys x

Oh, pinkprincess73......what brow gel do you use, would rather use one that has been recommended. Thanks x

Oh, pinkprincess73......what brow gel do you use, would rather use one that has been recommended. Thanks x

It wasn't actually a brow gel it was a clear gel mascara from Clarins it's called "double fix", but they do recommend it for eyebrows too funnily enough x

I hope my comment is allowable, as I'm not a brow prof.

Just to say that, as the brows are out of condition, too, then when she is taking her eye product around the orbital area at night she should apply a little heavier to the brows, and really smooth them down. Just ensure she doesn't go down onto the lids, or she will end up with puffy eyes.
If she can sleep on her back this will also help.

In the short term you could spray some hair spray onto an eye-brow brush and use it to flatten the hairs down

Thanks guys, i will have a try of the suggestions, and hopefully something will help her x

Latest posts

Back