Wisdom tooth extraction op....recovery time ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ems hope you have been and sorted this out today to be in so much pain is not good and you need to camp out at the hospital of dentist if needed to get these teeth out.
Hubby had his out a few years ago and he was ok after about a week he had 4 out.:hug:

My Internet went off last night grrrrrr.....
Anyway I phoned my dentist this morning, got an emergency appointment,
Turned up totally petrified....tears In my eyes as I walked into the room...
She took one look and gave me antibiotics :irked:
I asked about her taking it out, she said they couldn't touch it...
I had to wait for the hospital but to get in touch with them and tell them to speed it up a bit xx

I'm still in pain, but not mega pain last night, this is completely bearable

Infact I better go ring them now lol
:hug:

Glad it's not as sore today. Keep taking those antibiotics regularly and don't forget to bring them at the weekend!

With all this talk of wisom teeth, I've just gone and broken about 3/4 of one of mine off today. It was filled, but more tooth is definitely missing. It's not sore, so I hope it stays that way. Pop all your remedies in your bag Emms, just in case I need them!

You might find the antibiotics help with the pain (fingers crossed for you).

I'm on antibiotics too, won't keep me off the wine though!

OOps nearly forgot - when I had an op early this year & was in quitea a bit of pain, I was prescribed a combination of painkillers because sometimes just taking one type isn't enough on its own, so you can take a combination (such as paracetamol & boost it up with ibuprofen) so long as you only take the correct amount in 24 hours. There's co-codamol aswell.

Ibuprofen works really well for inflamations such as toothache, sore throats etc.

take care :hug:x

I too have a fear of the dentist..I cant even stand them cleaning my teeth, my dentist knows this.

I didnt used to have a fear of the dentist, and I cant say Ive even had a bad experience thats brought it on, just gradually as the years have gone by Ive become dentist phobic.

Speaking of which I have to go tomorrow for a filling...gulp.

I have had one wisdom tooth removed as it was broken (general injection etc) that took about a day to heal that it didnt hurt, and about a week for the gum to close properly.

I had trouble with two more of my wisdom teeth last year...I was in agony, I couldnt eat or sleep or anything. I went to the dentist and I was advised one had a filling in and it was leaking into the tooth and the other was decaying so they needed to be removed but they did have a curled root, and I would have to go private if I wanted to be knocked out. Now with my dentist phobia I went private because I didnt want to know anything about them coming out.

I got an appointment within a week, went and all I can remember is I sat in the chair, spoke to the dentist, looked at his tv, and next minute I was waking up.

They gave me great after care advice and I followed it because you can get I think its called dry root and apparently that worst than the tooth ache. But all in all it took maybe a week for the gum to heal up on them too.

All I can say is, the fear of having the teeth out is far worst than the doing it and healing etc.

Plus another thing I forgot to mention is, Im a slow healer, but as Im sure you know, things in your mouth heal pretty quickly.

So lets hope you can get an appointment soon, the pain and the anticipation will all be over then.

I phoned the hospital and they have no earlier appointments, but have put me on a cancellations list, They will ring me as soon as they have a cancellation and I have to get my ass right up there lol....

The dentist today told me about the alternating painkillers...so I got some before when I collected the antibiotics...
They are the ones I can't drink on, but I don't drink anyway lol, so not a problem

My appointment is with the something oral surgeon all sounds a bit scary lol...but a hell of a lot better than the students at the dental hospital in Liverpool that the doctor wanted me to go to :eek:
Dentist phobe + dentist STUDENTS....= NOT GOOD lol

I will be getting sedated to have my teeth out.....

I will ask for this to be closed now Before I turn it into a blog entry all about me lol...

Thankyou everyone for your help......I'll let you know how I get on :hug:

Emma love...I had all of mine removed and looked like a hamster storing food in it's cheeks for a few days but the relief was AMAZING!!!!
You will be FINE...honestly hun xx:hug:

Emmsybabes, I had my wisdom teeth out 19 years ago, and still remember the relief that I felt as soon as I woke up! It will be well worth it, I promise you!
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back