Word hates in hairdressing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma-Louise

Reaction score
Random thread
whats the words or terminology that bugs you the most?

To name a few
Dip dye!
Steps (layers)
Hair dye! Nobody should be dying in hairdressing!

Dye, ginger (especially referring to warmth in blondes.) feathers, streaks..

I hate it when clients talk about having '1 layer' what is that all about ?? Lol

I'm not a hair dresser but I'm guessing that some hairdressers maybe explain things in terms that clients understand and then clients will repeat these words to hairdressers thinking that they are professional descriptions.

I've been told that my hair has been feathered and that I've had layers put in or taken out but I don't know if these are technically sound descriptions lol!

I hate certain salons that talk about disconnecting or shattering your layers lol !

I hate certain salons that talk about disconnecting or shattering your layers lol !

Disconnecting is the professional technical term for a disconnected hair cut though lol?

How else would you explain? :p

I'm not a hair dresser but I'm guessing that some hairdressers maybe explain things in terms that clients understand and then clients will repeat these words to hairdressers thinking that they are professional descriptions.

I've been told that my hair has been feathered and that I've had layers put in or taken out but I don't know if these are technically sound descriptions lol!

Errr you can't take layers out lol..you were being fobbed off ;)

Sarah I should have clarified that they say it every client lol

Dye, ginger (especially referring to warmth in blondes.) feathers, streaks..

Haha here in quebec thats how we say highlights.. No one calls it highlights just streaks ! Lol

I hate it when clients can you fit me in for a quick trim. I hate the words quick and trim, i dont rush any cut and i dont trim hair, i trim my hedges in my garden hehe . X x

Dye, wash, bleach =colour, shampoo or cleanse, pre-lightener x

Ginger or ginge is my worst!!! i walked out of a colour course once as the educator said ginge!! x

Trim, dye, peroxide when referring to bleach, Banding, natural when clearly it isn't, tinge. Xoxo

The word 'snip' makes me shudder.
'Shape' is a circle or square, not a haircut.

Ginger or ginge is my worst!!! i walked out of a colour course once as the educator said ginge!! x

Might have well as said the little school girl saying xoxo

Oh tomme I forgot about that one "my hair is peroxide blonde" yuck yuck makes you cringe

I don't mind any at all lol. At the end of the day whatever word they use mean the same thing lol I still haven't any word that piss me off yet lol

Disconnecting is the professional technical term for a disconnected hair cut though lol?

How else would you explain? :p

Agreed , it is what it is !!!

I don't mind any at all lol. At the end of the day whatever word they use mean the same thing lol I still haven't any word that piss me off yet lol

Wait a few more yrs and certain ones will grate on you

Promise

Latest posts

Back