Word hates in hairdressing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I'm sure :)

It's the ones that they think they know it all on like peroxide blonde, some believe peroxide is all that's used or that bleach is all that uses peroxide.
I'll use an activator then, just like they get in their gorgeous Poundworld boxed colours xoxo

And I feel clients want to know so much more about what you Are doing, I'm findin myself explaining the difference and clarifying what "peroxide"/developer is so they don't just assume as soon as I grab it I'm making them blonde lol. I'm enjoying educating my clients a bit on what and why I'm using it so they are more inclined to come to me as I know what I'm talking abt rather than slapping a home colour on

I know this is a little off the topic, but another of my pet peeves is when a client takes a comb off me ! grrr . i sometimes feel like giving them my scissors and saying here we are you cut your hair too lol xx

I know this is a little off the topic, but another of my pet peeves is when a client takes a comb off me ! grrr . i sometimes feel like giving them my scissors and saying here we are you cut your hair too lol xx

Wow. I wouldn't allow this. I am in total control during the service.

Some clients take the comb to do their parting haha

Can you remember years ago a bbc1 programme about a salon in liverpool? They had a lady who did this (cut and blowed her own hair in salon) and the conflicting arguments over it! Lol

(Around the time of the cruise and that liverpool hotel prog)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Can you remember years ago a bbc1 programme about a salon in liverpool? They had a lady who did this (cut and blowed her own hair in salon) and the conflicting arguments over it! Lol

(Around the time of the cruise and that liverpool hotel prog)

I think it was called herbets

I have to confess I am blonde and I always think my hair is ginger! When I'm having a bad hair day I just blame it in my hair looking ginger not blonde even though I tone it regularly and use purple shampoo!!

I think it was called herbets

Icant find it on youtube :-( , that would fill the space left by tabatha till the new series comes on youtube *lol :) )

It was Herberts ... My sister trained there, They actually have a very good reputation and training school.

I hate Dye, streaks, red/ginger when referring to a warm blonde or brown, and the old "it only takes 10 minutes", lacquer and bloody Treseme!!!

Dye
Quick trim
Peroxide blonde
I want '2 layers' in
2 in 1 shampoo.
Calling any nice colour with a hint of warmth ginger
Hair 'strippers'

Im sure theres more.. Xx

It was Herberts ... My sister trained there, They actually have a very good reputation and training school.

I hate Dye, streaks, red/ginger when referring to a warm blonde or brown, and the old "it only takes 10 minutes", lacquer and bloody Treseme!!!

STREAKS! Ergh! Thats another.. X

When people use the word customer instead of client!

@Hartey... YES. I totally hate that.
I can't stand...."Can you squeeze me in at 2:00 today for a trim", when it is 12:30 now. Ugh.

ombre - i just say "diffused color" or "brightened ends"

balayage - i just say "hand painted"

it's funny bc i'm known for both of those techniques, but i think i cringe when i hear it, bc when i see it done by other people it's either incredible/fantastic or "omg, whoever did that to u gives people like me, who know what we're doing, a bad name."

color correction - i don't like criticizing other hairdresser's work in front of clients or criticizing clients for using box color even if it is terrible if it is terrible. besides if you criticize them, they are less apt to come to you to fix it ($$$).

Last edited:
Wow. I wouldn't allow this. I am in total control during the service.
I am pretty much most of the time, but i have one that snatches the comb grrr ! ;-) x

"chip in" grr
"dye"
"wash hair"
"wash hair at the sink" - its a BASIN!
"trim" oh god I hate it when clients ask for a trim. Anal I know - just cannot abide it.
"thin out" especially when a stylist uses this phrase brandishing thinning scissors.
Dear. God. Step. Away

I also really dislike it when new staff start and ask clients "do you want another drink"
I may well be petty and fussy but after the evil eye they are soon saying "would you like a fresh drink"...
crikey im quite fussy actually....
xx

I have a client who asks for 'chippy choppy'
Sets my teeth on edge.

I have a client who asks for a bitty fringe

I have a client who asks for a bitty fringe

Does she do the thing with her hands?? Clients crack me up when they do random gestures but it seems rather universal.

• a swishy gesture near fringe means a side fringe

• a definite downward gesture at forehead means full fringe

• a curved gesture with the index finger from both hands means a curved fringe

• a pincer grip with the thumb and index finger at the side of the head with sharp back and forth motions usually means they want it layered to frame there face. The more erratic the gesture the more texture they desire.

There now, that's some hairdressing makaton symbols for you haha

X

Latest posts

Back