Wordpress / Templates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack1102

Reaction score
Hi

If using a Wordpress or similar template, can you customize all components, and even take out all reference that it is a "free template", if you know what I mean.

I need a template (not for beauty may I add), for a 5 page site, but need to to stand out from the websites I have done in the past, so looking or some ideas, or suggestions.

Haven't used WP or any other template at all tbh, so just need the views of some fellow "ITK" Geeks. Any links/websites I can look at for ideas of templates would be great too.

TIA
Jack

Hi

If using a Wordpress or similar template, can you customize all components, and even take out all reference that it is a "free template", if you know what I mean.

I need a template (not for beauty may I add), for a 5 page site, but need to to stand out from the websites I have done in the past, so looking or some ideas, or suggestions.

Haven't used WP or any other template at all tbh, so just need the views of some fellow "ITK" Geeks. Any links/websites I can look at for ideas of templates would be great too.

TIA
Jack

If youve not used wordpress before, you may like to use blogger.com
This is a much simpler blogging site to use!!!

You can customise the blog with templates to give it a professional feel!
The guy that I got mine from is fab, but his site is down at the minute for redoing! Pah!
But ive found another from my favorites which has some good ones:
Blogger Templates

Do consider blogger if you want something simple.

But... if you want to stick with Wordpress then take a look here at some AMAZING blog themes!!!
StudioPress Themes also Google ' Brian Gardener' hes amazing with wordpress themes!

We use wordpress on one of our sites and it is simple to use. You can also customise the banner picture and remove the phrase "just another wordpress site".

If you send me your e-mail I can get other half to give you some pointers as he is not on here.

I too use WP and am currently using it for my beauty site. Its really easy to use and although I have a free template, its customisable to a certain extent and I'm happy with it.

I have also used a paid template before which is totally customisable and comes with support.

Xx

I am a big WP fan as its so good for search engine ranking.

I use a paid theme and this site has some very attractive ones for a great price ($39 for a years subscription). They also have a good forum to ask questions (which is unusual)

Premium WordPress Themes | Elegant Themes

If you get stuck I am sure there are people here who would help.

These are a few of my WP theme sites
A guide to internet marketing and websites for Hair and Beauty Salons
Voodou - the best salons and barbers shops in Liverpool
Taylors Lounge. The best bar in Tenerife
Forgotten music from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

as I've not ventured in the world of WP before, and have only used Dreamweaver from scratch, would you say, a potential client would know if you have used a WP theme?

The site/s I have designed using DW are all of this layout:

Newcastle & Sunderland Mobile Beauticians - Gentle Hands Beauty Treatments, and after a while, theres only so much I can do without adding table to every page to create columns etc.

Is WP HTML or Flash based?

Last edited:
WP is HTML & PHP pages with most of the layout and functionality embedded. I also use Dreamweaver but only for tweaking of layout.

Read though some of the great WP forums for lots more info and check the link I gave for Themes

WP is HTML & PHP pages with most of the layout and functionality embedded. I also use Dreamweaver but only for tweaking of layout.

Read though some of the great WP forums for lots more info and check the link I gave for Themes

I came across this site .. Premium WordPress Themes and Web Templates - ThemeForest ... is that any different to the one you gave me? - i was looking at the full site option, meaning I can change content, images, text etc, and then have a site within hours that looks professional - surely it aint the easy?

I think you can just use the original WP template then customise with your preferred html 'thing' (you can tell I'm a techy - not! Lol!) If I have to upload any files then I use FileZilla, easy as 1, 2, 3! You can use dreamweaver to make your site as you want it.

Google Wordpress, they have a good forum to nose around with troubleshooters and the like.

I wouldn't use anything else now.

Xx

Latest posts

Back