Words or phrases in the beauty industry that are annoying.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually had it said to me yesterday that someone "doesn't know why instructions are printed on packets because all hairdressers and therapists are as thick as treacle"

I book my appointments on the hour so when a client who is booked in at 10am for a 60 min nail treatment turns up 10-15 mins late why, oh why does she then ask "will I be done by ten to as I have a meeting at 11!" ?????

Also, when announcing the lovely news that I am pregnant with my first baby 8 months ago, one client in particular was horrified. The baby is due in six weeks and to this day she hasn't congratulated me, she has just continually said in a panic stricken voice "I hope you're not taking too much time off on maternity leave as I don't know what I'd do without my nails." ... She also refers to me as either "the beautician," ( I'm not, I'm a nail technician ) or "the nail girl"... I'm 33!!!

"You can hardly call giving a few back rubs every week running a business"

From my OH. I swear to god I nearly killed him! He thinks because I'm mobile and I love my job, its not real work.

Till I pointed out I can make more in a weekend than he does in a fortnight.

I'm still fuming!

Latest posts

Back