Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when people say " it will be ok"
Arggghhhhhh

When my dog was really sick a few years back my friend said " he will be ok"

This was my friend that knows nothing about dogs - I just wanted to say " what the f do you know / have u got a crystal ball where u can look into the future"

Instead I asked " how do you know?" He replied " I just know"

Well thanks for that because that makes me feel sooioooo much better!!!!

The dog survived but I then lost him a few weeks back - I took the dog to the vet and was distraught - my other half was saying " he will be fine "

Look how that ended - rant over

They are just meant to be kind words of reassurance... better than saying 'Oh well never mind' :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a friend who does this! Is it a regional thing? She's from Nuneaton. We stay in their villa with them every year and at breakfast she has "cereals". :eek:

Possibly, they are from Warwickshire. Grrrrrrr!

I also hate when people start a sentence with "Listen..." :evil: it's just so rude!

Haha this thread is making me never want to speak again, I'm guilty of so many of these!

good. I really know how to wind you all up now .. ha ha..

I also hate when people start a sentence with "Listen..." :evil: it's just so rude!

Aww my gran used to ring me and mum and start a conversation with "listen ...." when she was in a hurry to tell us something. I miss it 😟 makes us laugh though when we talk about it x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I literally love this thread! (The use of literally was a joke)

Just remembered another. My husband and his family say "cereals" instead of "cereal". It's wrong and makes him sound like a simpleton.

My husband says cereals too, it drives me insane!

Amanda xx

I too find that so rude. I guess it depends who it is. Wouldn't find it rude as such coming from my grandma, but can't stand it when friends start with "listen.." it's like you're being told!

Another one of my sister when she finishes a phone call.. Bye bye byebyebye bububububye bye bye.
Oh gods sake, say it once!!!
I try and put the phone down asap as it drives me mad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am terrible for this lol so is my mum, it takes us five minutes just to say goodbye! I always panic that if I say it once I'll sound rude, ridiculous I know! I can say bye once when I'm face to face but not on the phone!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't stand it when people say "Fleabay" instead of EBay - like they're too posh and looking down their noses at it grrrrr

Can't stand it when people say "Fleabay" instead of EBay - like they're too posh and looking down their noses at it grrrrr

I say it only on salon geek because I thought you weren't allowed to mention it by name! In real life I call it by its real name.

Well basically... arrgh!

When people say ...... " i turned round and said ........" !!!!! Well you didn't turn round did you .... You stood still ....so what you on about !!!!!!!

I hate 'cheer up it might never happen' well 99% of the time it already has happened!
And my mum always says 'can I ask you a question?' Well you just did!

My six year old's every sentence begins with either "Mummy......(asking for something or for me to do something)" or "Guess what........(telling me something").

My six year old's every sentence begins with either "Mummy......(asking for something or for me to do something)" or "Guess what........(telling me something").

I think we share the same child!

(Although referring back to another thread my daughters friend told her Jesus was most important person in the world.. My daughter replies "no mummy is most important, Jesus is after" lol)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

There's a young lad on Jeremy Kyle who says "obviously" after every word :irked: it's infuriating!!

(Yes I'm watching Jezza again!)

There's a young lad on Jeremy Kyle who says "obviously" after every word :irked: it's infuriating!!

(Yes I'm watching Jezza again!)

One of my friends says "Honestly!?" After everything I say to her. My daughter pulled her up on it, she had no idea.

Latest posts

Back