Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'I'm parched' ooooooh that really annoys me

Oh! Ha ha.... I went to boarding school it may be that. I've probably said words most people have never heard of. Even some swear ones! Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wilds of yorkshire here, haha, lots of mining slang.

Chillaxing

This im guilty of!! I say it to the baby all the time, but its our secret, i dont say it in public :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Snuck.....I mean what is this? I know it wasn't in the dictionary when I was a school it was always. ' We all sneaked into the room' now it's 'We snuck into the room' ...I just cannot bring myself to use this word. Ever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't stand the word frock! Or bot. Both make me want to punch people. I'm sorry virtues but I use snuck lol never even thought about it not being a real word but then I am a Geordie and we have some rediculous sayings!
Scared oh's child when I asked if she wanted monkey's blood on her ice cream! I thought everyone called raspberry sauce that! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't stand the word frock! Or bot. Both make me want to punch people. I'm sorry virtues but I use snuck lol never even thought about it not being a real word but then I am a Geordie and we have some rediculous sayings!
Scared oh's child when I asked if she wanted monkey's blood on her ice cream! I thought everyone called raspberry sauce that! X

Frock sounds very old fashioned to me. I picture a frock like the ones the girls wore on the little house on the prairie, with floral patterns, like your granny's old curtains! :L

Frock sounds very old fashioned to me. I picture a frock like the ones the girls wore on the little house on the prairie, with floral patterns, like your granny's old curtains! :L

Yup my gran used to day thats a lovely frock. Honestly it drives me insane if I hear it! X

In from Derbyshire and everyone says duck.
But I went on a date and the guy called me duck and it was like instant cold water on me. Never went back, it put me right off

In from Derbyshire and everyone says duck.
But I went on a date and the guy called me duck and it was like instant cold water on me. Never went back, it put me right off

I'm like that with Babe... It really ruffles my feathers!!

My sisters all go baaaaaaaaybe.. Grrrrr
My response.. I'm not a bloody pig!!
Thank god they're old enough to know what I'm talking about lol.

I get irritated when retail staff in particular call me babe/darling! " you ok there babe/darling" can I get you anything darling arghhhhhhhhhh
It's more irritating when they are around 20 yrs old and I'm a good 10 yrs older!

Eek I'm a bugger for saying frock it's a favourite 👗

Wilds of yorkshire here, haha, lots of mining slang.

This im guilty of!! I say it to the baby all the time, but its our secret, i dont say it in public :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's ok then :)

That's ok then :)

"feeling funky fresh"

Im sorry if anyone uses this term but it makes me cringe!

Edit: no idea why it quoted you on this post :confused: my phone is not my friend!
Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

"feeling funky fresh"

im sorry if anyone uses this term but it makes me cringe!

Edit: No idea why it quoted you on this post :confused: My phone is not my friend!
Sent from my gt-s5830i using salongeek mobile app

lol

"feeling funky fresh"

Im sorry if anyone uses this term but it makes me cringe!

Edit: no idea why it quoted you on this post :confused: my phone is not my friend!

Oh no. My husband uses "feeling funky fresh" at least 3 times a day. You must know him!!!

My grandma used to say this to me, I havent heard it said for years!! It means instead of fancying that you would like to eat a chocolate, fancy the thought that you have already eaten one. Im still not sure that makes sense written down but I know what I mean lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

It does make sense! Thank you!!! This is a bit of a hallelujah moment for me. I've wondered what it meant for 10 whole years 😄 x

The thing that I don't really get is facebook related. I.e when someone's relative, eg great gran dies (who was never on facebook, ever) and they write a massive essay to them "RIP sorry we weren't there when you died, have fun up there with uncle George and pippin miss you foreva"... It's like, seriously? Attention seeking. Maybe visit their grave or talk to your family, or just light a wee candle, because pretty sure the message will not get to her through facebook 😕

Is it controversial to absolutely hate the term RIP? See it on Facebook all the time and to me it just smacks of insincerity. It's like "I can't think of anything to say about that person but I want people to notice I've said something". I got it all the time after my dad died, people who never met him (like people I knew from school) tagging him in status's "rip". If someone dies and you want to say something either send a proper message of condolence to those grieving or go and pay your respects in person. Someone else's death is not an excuse for you to start a Facebook pity party. :mad:

Hmm maybe this should be in the rant thread. :/

What does it even mean??

When ppl i know say it, its usually after a heavy night of drinking and they wake up with no hangover. "funky fresh" *cringe* !!! Why not just say no hangover ? Lol

When shop assistants say "can you enter your pin" I can't until they press the flipping button so the machine says ready! Their so dam eager to say it x

I watch towie but why does everyone copy the sayings! Thats sick, reem. Shut up!

Back