Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'I literally died!' No, you didn't! Hate the wrong use of that word x

Oooh trying going on a parenting forum. .. SAHM equates to full time mummy otherwise known as Stay At Home Mum. I also hate DH- darling husband- yes I have a husband but he sure is no darling! ;)

Tell you what, if anyone ever thinks Salon Geek is harsh, never ever go on the Baby Centre WYOO board (I believe that means what's your opinion on) it's savage. We're all angels by comparison! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Parent forums are THE worst! I blame the sleepless nights that often come with young children lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Fella. You alright fella? Yes fella, no fella. Arrrrghhhhh shut the f*ck up!!!

Oooh trying going on a parenting forum. .. SAHM equates to full time mummy otherwise known as Stay At Home Mum. I also hate DH- darling husband- yes I have a husband but he sure is no darling! ;)

Tell you what, if anyone ever thinks Salon Geek is harsh, never ever go on the Baby Centre WYOO board (I believe that means what's your opinion on) it's savage. We're all angels by comparison! :D

Let me on it. ... Let me on it. .. but I have a problem I don't like kids. .. it's the mothers hormones playing up. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have a made up word down here...Somewhen' It means at some point. For example, I'll get around to doing that somewhen. Nobody else has heard of it outside of where I live and it doesn't get on my nerves as such as I use it all the time. I just find it strange that nobody else uses it.

Ooh we use somewhen too, where are you based Nicole?

On my waxing course I had the back of my leg waxed and said 'blimey, that smarts' none of them had heard it before so I asked my elder kids and buddies and they knew it.... Deff regional as no one from course was local

On my waxing course I had the back of my leg waxed and said 'blimey, that smarts' none of them had heard it before so I asked my elder kids and buddies and they knew it.... Deff regional as no one from course was local

I say that smarts too lol. I thought i was alone haha

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ugh another irish one is when you ask someone how they are or any Craic and they say "ah ya see it all!"

Amanda xx

I can't stand the misuse now of the word "sick" (thanks a bunch Joey Essex!). In my day "sick" meant revolting now it means something really good. Heard 2 girls in a shop discussing some boy, girl one replied "yeah, you wanna hook up with him, he's well sick" god it just doesn't sound right to me, hate it!

I hate it when anyone over the age of 15 says that they are hyper or uses the word woop! Makes my toes curl!

Ooh our very own made up word has escaped onto the ferry! I'm just across the water from you. I reckon now it's broken free it's going to make it's way up country and then everyone will be using it.

Ooh our very own made up word has escaped onto the ferry! I'm just across the water from you. I reckon now it's broken free it's going to make it's way up country and then everyone will be using it.

Lol we've been saying somewhen since I was a mere weed, its deff a regional thing as everyone I asked today knew then word.. :)
But shhhhhhhh, we don't want EVERYONE muttering our SOMEWHEN ;)

They are evil and am with you on the DH / DD / DS nonsense. Barfs

"I'll learn you how to do that" - arghh no you'll 'teach" them.

"Can I lend your scissors?" - argh no you can "borrow" them though.

Sorry to the OP's title but I also hate the saying "gets on my nerves". My hubs says it and I think it makes him sound like a little old granny. X

Lol we've been saying somewhen since I was a mere weed, its deff a regional thing as everyone I asked today knew then word.. :)
But shhhhhhhh, we don't want EVERYONE muttering our SOMEWHEN ;)

I was taught this word at school. Helpful considering it is in the dictionary. Am I missing something here. ...?!

I was taught this word at school. Helpful considering it is in the dictionary. Am I missing something here. ...?!

I have never heard it if that helps, haha

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been reading a lot of 'I DONE this girls nails today' oh really, DID you. I read it and cringe.

The thing that I don't really get is facebook related. I.e when someone's relative, eg great gran dies (who was never on facebook, ever) and they write a massive essay to them "RIP sorry we weren't there when you died, have fun up there with uncle George and pippin miss you foreva"... It's like, seriously? Attention seeking. Maybe visit their grave or talk to your family, or just light a wee candle, because pretty sure the message will not get to her through facebook 😕

I have never heard it if that helps, haha

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh! Ha ha.... I went to boarding school it may be that. I've probably said words most people have never heard of. Even some swear ones! Lol

Latest posts

Back