Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who say "absolutely" several times in a single conversation.

You young en's don't know ya born!

I'm sorry you no nothing about my life and my up bringing, shut up :) and I'm no longer that young lol!

Can't stand people calling eBay "fleabay"

I HATE the stoke on Trent saying 'duck' men say it to each other, women say it, it's horrible!!! So common!

'Oh hiya duck' eewwww xxx

"At this moment in time" instead of "now".

People who use "yourself" instead of "you" eg: "is it for yourself?" or, having stated their own opinion, "how about yourself?".

Both drive me mad! :rolleyes:

My husband before asking a question will say....

Ummm question.....

Why, why, why????

I'm very pale skinned always have been always will be.
Unless I cake makeup on before going to my boyfriends mums i get,

'u alright? U look washed-out!'
Or 'pastey' 'tired' 'ill'

IM JUST PALE!! lol x

Haha this thread is hilarious!

I hate when people say "i'll ask the question".... for a situation they are not sure about. For example "i do not know if that is possible but I will ask the question" lol!

I also hate when people say DeZember, instead of December, there is no Z there so why are you pronouncing it with one?!

I have so many I could be here all day! :p

When people put .com on their Facebook status. "knackered.com" / "hangover.com"..... Umm loser DOT COM!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

When people put .com on their Facebook status. "knackered.com" / "hangover.com"..... Umm loser DOT COM!!

Ha I'm guilty of this, another one I can't stand is my FB friends who are lazy spellers, the words 'nuthin' for nothing 'summat' for something, 'fink' for think, the list goes on I mean come on most of the time your phone autocorrects for you how lazy can you be or are you just stupid?
I delete FB friends for lazy spelling as it bugs me that much

Off of!!!

The text messages i get from my mum! I can't understand them. She doesn't know text speak so makes it up and some words end up longer. 'Arrrrrr yu comin for ur tee wif th chilledren?'

I think her rule is that you just aren't allowed to spell anything correctly! Mind you - she is 78 so I don't complain!

The text messages i get from my mum! I can't understand them. She doesn't know text speak so makes it up and some words end up longer. 'Arrrrrr yu comin for ur tee wif th chilledren?'

I think her rule is that you just aren't allowed to spell anything correctly! Mind you - she is 78 so I don't complain!

Hahaha!!! My mum is exactly the same. She also thinks LOL means lots of love so at the end of every message it's "LOL mum"

Hahaha!!! My mum is exactly the same. She also thinks LOL means lots of love so at the end of every message it's "LOL mum"

My step mum does this too, took me ages to work out why she kept putting lol at the end of her very unfunny messages!

I have to say my 74 year old Nan is amazing at text speak; I remember when I first started going out with my boyfriend he wanted to text her saying thank you for a birthday present so he spent forever writing out a text using full words and the proper punctuation only for her to text back 'Ur v welcum, ope u hav a gr8 bday xxx'!

The word "nom" irritates me!

"Like", AND;

"whatever" or should I say "whaever".

More lazy spellings:

fink, fort and a new one on me "ano"

ano - translated to "I know" I believe. :/

Another which I HATE..

'use' or 'you's' or 'you'z' e.g "what are use doing tomorrow?"

There are no such words!!!!!! :twisted:

Oh my gosh I am cringing even typing this haha!!

The word "nom" irritates me!

Me too. Its only ok for cookie monster to say it. No one else.

Back