Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hee hee. Glad it's not just me ;)

Not so much a phrase used in conversation but I HATE anything "keep calm and carry on" related, really winds me up which my husband finds amusing. Keep calm and have a cup of tea, keep calm and get your nails done, how about keep calm and shut up and go away lol

I also dislike being called 'Hun', 'beautiful' or similar by acquaintances or anything over familiar when you barely know somebody.

When people's tone of voice makes what they are saying sound like a question? When it's actually a statement? It kind of annoys me?

When people's tone of voice makes what they are saying sound like a question? When it's actually a statement? It kind of annoys me?

I know what you mean about this, their tone goes up at the end of the sentence. This annoys me immensely!xx :lol:

I really hate when people write a big moan on FB then at the end write "rant over!" really bugs me!!! Xxx

It isn't a phrase, but all these irks about facebook reminded me that the one thing on there i cannot stand is when someone puts on a status like "Oh i guess i didn't mean a thing then" or "this is the worst day of my life" and when someone asks them what's wrong, replies "Oh, it's private. I don't want anyone to know or ask me".

Why put it on facebook then you childish little attention seeker?

Rant over (Lol, had to put it in there CStorrie :) )

the phrase 'aw sorry hen i pressed the wrong button'...i've just jumped out of my shower with a lovely shampoo foam halo to answer my flats entry phone buzzer,only to find its next door's booty call arriving for duty...:mad: it happens at least 3 times a week, i hope his tadger rots and falls off

Another Facebook pet peev
"I love my little boy soooo much! I can't believe how lucky I am, (insert name here) before you came in to my life it was so incomplete. I love you (name) to the moon and back and can't wait to celebrate your first birthday" Claire YummyMummyto (insert name) Harvey.

1. He is a year old!! He can't read and doesn't have a FB account!
2. Do you really define yourself so much by your child that you want people to call you "YummyMummyto..."
3. If you love him that much get off FB and play with him!! Rather then update your page 50 times on his every bowl movement!
Claire yummymummy to IsabelColeandEmmie Harvey

And whilst we are at it please don't set up FB accounts for your kids and try to add me. I swear A LOT and I can't guarantee that your child's first word won't begin with C have a T on the end and a UN in the middle, if he is a protege who can read..and no not COCONUT

"I love my little boy soooo much! I can't believe how lucky I am, (insert name here) before you came in to my life it was so incomplete. I love you (name) to the moon and back and can't wait to celebrate your first birthday" Claire YummyMummyto (insert name) Harvey.

2. Do you really define yourself so much by your child that you want people to call you "YummyMummyto..."
3. If you love him that much get off FB and play with him!! Rather then update your page 50 times on his every bowl movement!

Bleughhhhhhhhhhh! This bugs me too!

Some women forget there there still a person not just a mummy!

Maybe I'm just selfish lol xx

And whilst we are at it please don't set up FB accounts for your kids and try to add me. I swear A LOT and I can't guarantee that your child's first word won't begin with C have a T on the end and a UN in the middle, if he is a protege who can read..and no not COCONUT
hahahhaha outstanding!

It isn't a phrase, but all these irks about facebook reminded me that the one thing on there i cannot stand is when someone puts on a status like "Oh i guess i didn't mean a thing then" or "this is the worst day of my life" and when someone asks them what's wrong, replies "Oh, it's private. I don't want anyone to know or ask me".

Why put it on facebook then you childish little attention seeker?

Rant over (Lol, had to put it in there CStorrie :) )
Haha love it! Xxx

Bleughhhhhhhhhhh! This bugs me too!

Some women forget there there still a person not just a mummy!

Maybe I'm just selfish lol xx

I'm more likely to be saying "my kids are being right idiots today"
Or yesterday
"Cole just took a bet on a trump..and lost..DADDY!"

More lazy spellings:

fink, fort and a new one on me "ano"

ano - translated to "I know" I believe. :/

Try getting your head round Dudley Dialect!
Such things as.....
I ay goein
I cor stand her
Her is a right wench
Ay up my mon Dow you think think that is brow-en

Seriously?

Try getting your head round Dudley Dialect!
Such things as.....
I ay goein
I cor stand her
Her is a right wench
Ay up my mon Dow you think think that is brow-en

Seriously?

I was born in Stourbridge but even I struggled when I was in Brum in feb :-(

I was born in Stourbridge but even I struggled when I was in Brum in feb :-(

I'm used to it now, but I have to be able to switch how I speak to clients depending where they are from or they posh ones would be mortified and the common ones would be left wondering what posh place if rolled from!

Haha sounds like we have the same friend on facebook. This happens up to 10 times daily! X

Haha sounds like we have the same friend on facebook. This happens up to 10 times daily! X

Its madness!! Do these people not realise that we don't need public declarations of your love for your child!! It's a given

When you get a message saying "ow much?

Do you hurt a lot or are you enquiring on a price list???

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I say loads of stupid things that I wish I didn't but I just can't help myself I say lush, I say but after most sentences :/ "do you know what I mean?" Is another thing I say too much. A really annoying one my sister says is "who ya telling?" Instead of I know what you mean, it really bugs me lol

When you get a message saying "ow much?

Do you hurt a lot or are you enquiring on a price list???

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Or just "HM"..

Latest posts

Back