Working on your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Hiya everyone! :hug:

woke up this morning feeling s rough :( full of flu and got my monthly visitor too, dont feel well at all, been the dr's and he told me to just rest, however i have no staff in my shop yet and have no family members free to open for me.
Just wondering what you guys do or have done in the past? I just dont feel up to working and deffinatley dont want to pass on my flu to clients.

Hi hun

I have had this too in the past week. I called up my clients and explained my situation and offered them another slot next week if they would possibly be able to wait that long. I'd say 99% of them were really understanding (they don't want to catch whatever lurgy I have!).

As for loss of earning, I have to suck it up and work twice as hard next week!

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

had this also this week my new staff starts monday.
so ive been on my own for 2 weeks.

ive been closed for 2 days as ive come down with flu also. i re-arranged my client and put a note up... only one person complained and she was just getting her brows threaded :rolleyes:

dont worry about it there is nothing you can do or you can do is re-book them again..

If i have a cold i put on a face mask, use gallons of hand gel,
give clients the option of changing their appointment or taking the risk and get on with every day working,
so far i have only had 1 client decide to reschedule and that was because she had a young baby at home, but the rest just laugh at my mask and have their treatments,
so far no one has reported that they have ever caught a cold from me,

i had an operation last year and as soon as i was discharged i went straight to the salon and carried on with my work,
when you are self employed you have to get on with it or lose out big time, hth

Regular clients will understand................as others have said they don't want to catch your flu!!!

I have a situation myself next week, my husband's wonderful elderly aunt passed away this week her funeral is in Derbyshire and I'm just south of Bristol. I will have to shut the salon for the whole day - haven't cancelled anyone yet because I need to confirm which day.

Genuine clients always understand - I will open extra late nights or even Sunday if I have to to ensure I don't let anyone down.

Claire

the worst thing would be them to turn up and your not there..

as long as you re-arrange them and there ok with it..
we are after all human...

its happened to me with my salon stylist,dentist etc and theyv'e called and cancelled..no problem..

hope you feel abit better now

persoanally, I take flu remedy and get on with it. Not had a day off sick in 15 years.

Latest posts

Back