Working out with hair extensions in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I've been experiencing recently my head being super itchy after working out a lot in the gym too the point were it wakes me up in the night and I can't get back to sleep because I'm constantly itching at the back of my head D:.
I have bonds in.
I wash my hair 3 times a week and don't really want to have to wash it every time I work out as I go too the gym everyday so wouldn't be great on the extensions.
Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how I could get rid of it?:( I didn't know if maybe nanos would be better? As I thought it may be due to the bonds getting damp while I'm working out :/

Would you recommend to a client to wash their bonds 3 times a week?

It's itchy because your sweating, I get that when I ware a scarf in work, I wash my hair 1-2 times a fortnight, Goldwells dry shampoo is lovley and refreshing you'll get far longer out of your extensions & less itching if you use dry shampoo

Also make sure you rinse hair thoroughly because shampoo could be building at the roots if you don't rinse more thoroughly than normal. Hope this helps.

Would you recommend to a client to wash their bonds 3 times a week?

It's itchy because your sweating, I get that when I ware a scarf in work, I wash my hair 1-2 times a fortnight, Goldwells dry shampoo is lovley and refreshing you'll get far longer out of your extensions & less itching if you use dry shampoo
No I don't recommend clients to wash them 3 times a week, I only do it because of going to the gym a lot.
Thankyou I haven't tried dry shampoo I'll give that a go:)

I've worn them forever and a day. Currently I'm without them (weep!). But, I know what you are talking about. I found a solution which worked for me. After my workout, I would get a spray bottle with water, lift the hair in the areas where it's damp, mist it well, and then get the blow dryer on either air or VERY low heat, and get them dry quickly. The dampness sitting against your scalp, with the excessive salt from the sweating is going dry your scalp and irritate it. Just one idea... :)

Im not a hairdresser just giving my personal experience ....I wear tapes and when I'm hot or sweating my head itches like mad I put the hairdryer on cool setting and direct it on my scalp and it does ease it....I find if I wear dry shampoo it makes it worse x

Latest posts

Back