Working with mobile beauty companies - advice welcomed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Scarlet Pampernail

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like some advice about how to deal with issues I have been having with mobile beauty companies. I have been a nail tech for six years and pride myself in the high standard of service that I provide. Recently, I have started working with agencies and I am experiencing the occasional complaint or negative feedback from clients via said agencies. The agencies charge anything between 20% and 25% commission and you can choose your own hours so it works well for freelance working.

Recently I had an expectant mother whose gel polish chipped the next day on only two nails. I understand that due to hormonal changes the nail plate can become more oily and despite doing full prep before application, the client claims they peeled. The agency sent me back and didn't charge the client either! I was prepared to soak off the two chipped nails and when I arrived the client had peeled the gel polish off three nails!

Another client rubbished me to the agency and said that I didn't shape her nails as asked and that she had to ask me to reapply gel polish amongst other things. She took an instant dislike to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. At every stage of my treatments I explain to the client what I am doing and I hadn't even finished before she was pointing out what was wrong.

The agency has now placed me on a final warning on the strength of three complaints and threatening to take me off the platform and re-testing me! Over two months out of 17, three have complained and 13 clients have been happy. I have multiple five star reviews and they are still sending me bookings. Any advice on how to handle tricky clients and agencies run by non-beauty professionals would be gratefully received.

Hi I see you have no replies, however I am watching with interest as iv thought about signing up to an agency. So I take it you agreed to redo the clients nails after the compliants? I work self employed in a salon, and occasionally we have had in past a nail chipping ect, so we always offer to fix/repair, not as easy I suppose if you need to go out to clients house

Latest posts

Back