Worry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhgiorgi

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here panic about clients hair after they've done it? Even though the client says they like it and re-book if I'm not entirely happy with it myself I worry for days. My husband thinks I'm mad.

I'm the same x

What is it you worry about? Is it the confidence in your work? Your colour styling ? You consultation? You could go on a course and build up your confidence although we all have the few clients that even when we are confident can knock us down

Yeah I do! But mine is irrational things like the colour suddenly fades for no reason or the toner washes out and it goes a weird colour, or they hate it so much they go to another salon and they say my work is rubbish lol xxx

I think if you are a passionate hairdresser and really care about your work then you will worry. I'm sure every geek on here has worried about something. We're only human lol x

I think it's just cus I can be a bit of a perfectionist and want it to be right. I'm fanatical about matching sides. LOL

I'm a worrier .. Wether it be how the colour turns out or if anything goes wrong .. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies :)

I feel that if you are worring to much you need to sit down and think about what exactly it is you are worried about. Write it down on paper and then write a how you can resolve each problem.
If you feel you need more education - go out and get it, I recommend this article by Lupe Voss “The fearless colorist“ The FEARLESS Colorist — Hair Color Magic

If you are worried the client doesn't like it, think what's the worst that can happern? In most circumstances you can change colour, no big deal.Even if someone doesn't like the colour it is not a personal thing, and you shouldn't take it personally.

If you are a perfectionist, that's great- I am too, but remember clients come to us because they want to feel great. We can look so far into the technical details of the colour, but as long as the client feels good you have done your job well.

One of my mottos is “if there is some thing you can change, there is no point in worring about it. And if its something you can't change, then there's nothing you can do so there's no point in worring about it!“

Whatever you do, don't do nothing. If there is something you want to change - do it. Be proactive and make a plan :)

I constantly worry! But only on my days off. I don't enjoy my days off cos in constantly thinking about work. Even if I know it's a good job I still always think what if this happens or that happens

I love this thread ! Now I know I'm not alone and the advice is priceless :D x a good bit of advice a friend gave me about hairdressing was you have to be the swan , on the surface you glide calmly and effortlessly but under the surface your kicking and going like hell lol x

Last edited:
Also if I see a client I haven't done in a while I take it really personally and get upset. Even though there could be so many easons like they couldn't afford it recently or a family member has done it or something like that!! Can't help but take it personally sometimes.

Also if I see a client I haven't done in a while I take it really personally and get upset. Even though there could be so many easons like they couldn't afford it recently or a family member has done it or something like that!! Can't help but take it personally sometimes.

I feel same sometimes too and also when they rebook I feel relived lol then the cycle begins again ha x

I feel same sometimes too and also when they rebook I feel relived lol then the cycle begins again ha x

I talk to their hair when this happens, I don't mean to lol...I'm a worrier I worry about nothing half the time...I started having panick attacks at one point when going todo something I wasn't 100% sure of...calms helped, now Ive started doing hair extensions and I worry that much I dont sleep lol x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I sometimes worry but some people don't always she it on there face.
If they like it they will come back don't worry. X

I talk to their hair when this happens, I don't mean to lol...I'm a worrier I worry about nothing half the time...I started having panick attacks at one point when going todo something I wasn't 100% sure of...calms helped, now Ive started doing hair extensions and I worry that much I dont sleep lol x

Bless ya, I use rescue remedy. The pastilles are really good. They really calm me down x

What we have to do ay to make people look beautiful x

I may look into something to help me chill out too lol I work evenings so sometimes I can't unwind at bedtime and I struggle to sleep going through the service I've just done ha ha ! Have to say tho more experience I get the less I worry but I still worry ! X

Latest posts

Back