Worrying about nail discolouration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
Hi everyone....

I'm bit concerned i have had a client coming every 2 and half weeks to me for acryic infills for about 6months now today she came in and 4 of her nails are discoloured 1 quite badly. It's never happened before with her and she says she has done nothing different and i'm still using the same products etc so can't see why this has happened.

I think its a bacterial or fungal infection so i wanted to remove the acrylics and clean the nail but she did'nt want me to :| just wanted them infilled and said we will remove next time if they are no better. She wears them quite long so i know the chances are quite high of them lifting and getting water and moisture under them which is going to discolour them but as it's never happened before i'm a bit worried about what to do.

Maybe i'm missing a vital thing which could cause this??

What colour are they? Unlikely to be fungal.

i would say greeny yellow but not dark green.... been trying to find a image of a similar colours but no luck as of yet.

i would say greeny yellow but not dark green.... been trying to find a image of a similar colours but no luck as of yet.

Typically, bacterial infections start off a pale green and if not sorted out, progress to dark green as the infestation goes on multiplying exponentially.

You did not sort it out so it will no doubt look worse the next time the client comes for maintenance,

You must remove and replace ... no ifs ands or buts.

I've never had a client with this but I remember a lady coming to me with disgusting nails that had been on and not maintained for 7 weeks and they were all brown underneath so I just told get to go back to the salon where she had got then done for removal. I didnt realise you cud put a new set on top off an infection? I thought they had to be taken off and kept off till it had been treated.

ok thankyou

If it is a bacterial infection,why do you think she has got it. Could it be my products or brush or application? Or just due to lifting and moisture geting under the nails.
I'll make sure the nails are removed next appointment for sure.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back