Would I Be Compromising My Work Ethics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartypantz

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just been for an interview at a salon near me, however I feel that I have a few issues with the salon, but I need the work.
The first thing I saw, was the big fat bottle of Solar Oil on the desk, however when I looked at it, I realised it was not Solar Oil inside it, the tech told me it was some cheaper stuff, but still cuticle oil:eek: Then when I asked her to put her hand in the lamp (I was Shellacing her), she asked me about how much pain it would cause (I assume she means from a heat spike), so I reassured her it would be pain free. Then I discovered they do Brisa Gels there, however do not use a Brisa/CND lamp, which would probably be the reason, behind heat spikes with Brisa. I guess my problem here is that they are passing things off as CND, which I know they are not, and they are obviously not trained in Brisa as they would not be using an incorrect lamp:irked:
So my dilema is, as I will be providing my own products, (I will be doing Shellac and Minx) if I get the job, should I just shut up and put up and not worry about the other stuff, although I feel it reflects badly on Brisa and CND?? Your sage thoughts would be most welcomed:)

If you're supplying your own products you won't need to be passing off other products as something else. If a client asks about treatments other people do then just tell them to ask that therapist as you do Shellac and Minx but you don't do the other treatments????

If you're supplying your own products you won't need to be passing off other products as something else. If a client asks about treatments other people do then just tell them to ask that therapist as you do Shellac and Minx but you don't do the other treatments????

I totally agree with 'smooth'. We all need to work and earn money, if you are using the real mcCoy, then you can be confident that you are supplying a good service
x

I also agree to the posts above, as long as you use what you advertise then your not compromising. We all need to work and your not the one being dishonest. I also agree that its not fair to pass of inferior products as CND but maybe they will be so impressed with your work they may change their minds about using cheap products.

Annie x

Latest posts

Back