Would it be a good idea to learn manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
Hi all I am still trying to decide the best way to begin my nail training (cnd at the moment is the way I think I'm heading) but I was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to start right at the beginning and learn how to do a full manicure, before I go on to learning l+p etc.

I've been browsing S2 most of the morning lol, and the naturally manicure course looks really good.

When I start my training I want to learn as much as I can, and be the best I can possibly be (perfectionist alert lol!:rolleyes:) This is going to be a new career for me after a long time away from work now my kids are getting bigger, and I really don't want (or can afford) to make any wrong decisions with the training I choose.

What do you guys think, start with the manicure or go straight for a foundation course?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance xx :)

I have always believe the best way to start is to learn as much as you can about what you will actually be working on. (Hairdressers learn about the hair, cutting and styling before they learn about 'altering' with colouring and perming)

Manicures will always be popular and by practising these you will learn a lot about different types of nails, how they grow and what affects them. This is invaluable when doing enhancements/artificial.

I think so many of the questions on this site often stem from a lack of understanding of the nail unit. My advice is definitely learn manicuring thoroughly first then move on. Take it slowly and do every step and stage to perfection

Thank you for the advice and I will definately give more thought to doing the manicure course first ( I think my mind is made up already though lol, just have to get hubby on board now to be able spend even more money ; ) )

I agree with mum, i did my city and guilds manicure and pedicure before i attempted any enhancement courses. I think it gives you the foundation to build your nail career on and if your doing a manicure course can i recommend mums book The Complete Nail Technician, good luck in what ever you choose..xx

Some clients will not always want or need enhancements...i feel you limit yourself as a technician by only just offereing one system.

Now i love manicures,always have.I love the instantaneous result a manicure can give the surrounding area of the nails as well as the skin.

The most important stage of as manicure is the massage,and the luxurious feeling ,pampering and uplifment it can give to a client....clients may well come back for a manicure solely for this.

Then you have enamel application,which if a meticulous manicure and prep of the nail is correctly performed,will make the "piece de resistance" of the longevity of enamel on the natural nail.

I could go on about it forever and a day...but i LOVE them.So i would say,if you have the budget,the time and dedication and commitment to training,and with CND you certainly get this...then go for it:green::hug:

Some clients will not always want or need enhancements...i feel you limit yourself as a technician by only just offereing one system.

Now i love manicures,always have.I love the instantaneous result a manicure can give the surrounding area of the nails as well as the skin.

The most important stage of as manicure is the massage,and the luxurious feeling ,pampering and uplifment it can give to a client....clients may well come back for a manicure solely for this.

Then you have enamel application,which if a meticulous manicure and prep of the nail is correctly performed,will make the "piece de resistance" of the longevity of enamel on the natural nail.

I could go on about it forever and a day...but i LOVE them.So i would say,if you have the budget,the time and dedication and commitment to training,and with CND you certainly get this...then go for it:green::hug:

I take it you like manicures then lol! I'm only kidding thank you very much for that, that is basically the reason I wanted to do it in the first place to be able to offer another treatment aswell as enhancements so i couldn't have said it better myself :hug:. I also want to do it to better understand the physiology and anatomy part of things too.

Anyway a small update i have spoken to hubby about doing the course and he is fine about it so i will be phoning S2 on monday to find out some more details and find out when the next course is running yayyyy!!!!:green:

I wish you success...the people at CND are very much passionate orientated,and it is very infectious!:green:

Latest posts

Back