Would it be possible to do hair in my studio?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks, would just grateful for your input into this, if it would even be possible...

I have a make-up studio, just focusing on make-up application, however I was thinking of taking someone in on a Friday & Saturday just to do things like hair curling, up-do's etc so that I could offer it as package with the make up. I don't have anything set up for doing hair, so is it even realistic without a sink for washing hair?

Thank you for your input xox

Hi hair geeks, would just grateful for your input into this, if it would even be possible...

I have a make-up studio, just focusing on make-up application, however I was thinking of taking someone in on a Friday & Saturday just to do things like hair curling, up-do's etc so that I could offer it as package with the make up. I don't have anything set up for doing hair, so is it even realistic without a sink for washing hair?

Thank you for your input xox

It is possible, just ask the client to pre shampoo the hair before arrival :) it would be tricky, but it could work. :)

It could work well I think. If I'm doing a hair up then I usually prefer the client doesn't have freshly washed hair so that it isn't all wispy and fly away, as for curling too you don't need a sink and I don't see it as a problem people coming in with their hair pre washed! X

I never put hair up freshly washed , I always say evening before, so much nicer to manage, go for it. I have packages for hair & make up, but I'm mobile & I have another lady come with me if anyone books in for hair & make up x

Thanks very much for all the help geeks! Think I will take on someone temporary to start with + see how it goes

Now for another question, when I'm advertising is it a hair stylist I'm looking for? + to what level/qualification? Thanks again xox

You need a minimum of Level 2 qualification. Either with City and Guilds, VCTC, NVQ or VRQ. :) Anything like "Level 1 VRQ" is a no no, as they are not qualified. :)

You need a minimum of Level 2 qualification. Either with City and Guilds, VCTC, NVQ or VRQ. :) Anything like "Level 1 VRQ" is a no no, as they are not qualified. :)

Can you actually get insurance with a vrq level 2 then? I was not sure not that i feel ready at mo need confidence but would be intersting to know :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Can you actually get insurance with a vrq level 2 then? I was not sure not that i feel ready at mo need confidence but would be intersting to know :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You can :) Here is where I get mine from, https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/dorfq/businessinsurance/1.htm fill in your detials and then you will get price quotes from diffrent insurance companies. There real good! And the claims team are superb! :D Btw im NVQ City and Guilds, but some of my friends are VRQ and they are doing fine :)

Latest posts

Back