Would nail enhancements fit ski jump nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
hi,

i have bitten my nails for most of my life until feburary this year, but know they have grown back ski jump shape,and would really like acrylic/gel/popits done but im not sure they would fit or work on my nails because of their shape!
could someone please let me know, i would be so grateful!:lol:

kind regards.x

yes they would work... simply file the free edge and then you can enhance them the way you like ;);)

ok thanks i was just worried if i were to get like popits done because the nail would have to fit on my nail!! confusing!lol

thanks.

Make sure you remove all the free edge first and they will be fine...bare in mind though that as your nails grow they will grow back to ski jump....so you will have to remove and re-do ... NNO (natural nail overlay) isn't a good idea on these nails.

Make sure you remove all the free edge first and they will be fine...bare in mind though that as your nails grow they will grow back to ski jump....so you will have to remove and re-do ... NNO (natural nail overlay) isn't a good idea on these nails.

Sorry for 'jumping' in on this thread but i am very interested in this as I have a friend who was a nail biter. I did some enhancements for her (t&o) and her nails have grown lovely, she now has nno's with a slight cap at the edge in l&p. However, her last two digits on both hands are slightly ski jump. Is it better for her to have her fe taken off and one sculpted then or could she maybe have a gel nno instead?

I have a client the same hun...she was a really bad nail biter and now she is a NNO...but i still tip/sculpt 3 of her nails cos they are just too badly ski jumped...(they where the worse 3 for biting)...as soon as they start to re gain there ski look... off they come...remove the free edge and re-do.

I have a client the same hun...she was a really bad nail biter and now she is a NNO...but i still tip/sculpt 3 of her nails cos they are just too badly ski jumped...(they where the worse 3 for biting)...as soon as they start to re gain there ski look... off they come...remove the free edge and re-do.

Thanks Bagpuss... thankfully they are not too bad but I'll explain this at appointment next week. Can I just completely file the free edge down, leaving zone 2 & 3 in place and re-sculpt?

Thanks Bagpuss... thankfully they are not too bad but I'll explain this at appointment next week. Can I just completely file the free edge down, leaving zone 2 & 3 in place and re-sculpt?
...yeah you can...:)

My sister was a terrible nail biter for nearly 50 years and had ski jumps to make the french jealous,
i file her free edge off totally and apply the tip quite tight to her nail then when i have applied the acrylic i pinch them so they are really tight but still comfortable,
we have been doing this to her nails for a year now and can see an improvement on the ski jump, they don't grow upwards no where near as much as they used to,
not too sure if i would fit the tips as tight to a client but as shes my sister i can get away with it lol,
so in time they can be improved hth

absolutely! CND classes were so helpful for that. I have been out of the loop w/ them for a few yrs(stopped nails to start family) But IIRC the resue 911 class dealt with this at length.
hth

thanks all great advice!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back