Would you acrylic/gel over this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolo

Reaction score
I have a girl booked with me to get gelish ( soft white fade) for her wedding day in 12 days but she has just sent me this pic in a bit of a panic asking if I'll be able to do anything to hide this she took a chunk out of her nail with a knife she said it didn't hit skin but I haven't seen it yet

What do you girls think?

I could just acrylic or gel that one nail then gelish over the top but I wasn't sure if it was best? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405264672.248777.jpg

Last edited:
I would do acrylic

You think?
I def favour acrylic to cover flaws in the nail

I'm just afraid of infection coz it was a knife

but I guess we have a while to see how it goes before she has her appointment

Honestly I wouldn't put anything over it! I would be too scared of infection. I would recommend her to get some good antiseptic cream from the chemist and keep it covered up until it grows out.
I know it is daunting turning clients away but would you rather she got an infection and blamed you? I certainly wouldn't!
Hope everything goes well with your client! :) xxxxx

Seriously I would not touch this in a million years - it's like an open wound and could easily get infected. It may heal quickly but unless it's healed I wouldn't go near x

Her weddings in 12days.... Tell her that hers and your best bet is to wait to the day before if possible so it give it time to heal, it is a tad risky putting acrylic on it right now for a number of reasons so the longer u leave it to heal as best as possible the better.

Thanks girls I've just never come across any problems like this before I've spoken to her and told her to go speak to the pharmacist and when she's back ( she's camping) I'll see her to talk over options, obviously if I'm not happy I'm not gonna touch it. it's beside her ring finger so she's super annoyed I told her if all else fails and she really has to have pics with their rings I'll put on a full cover false nail (with temporary glue pad at the base of her nail well away from the affected area) after the service just for the photos then remove it as soon as the photos are done think it's the best I can do

Btw don't think I said she's an old friend I've known her forever ( I'm actually invited to the wedding) I think that's what's makin it worse she thinks I can work miracles ...

I would echo all the above, and go with your temp enhancement for the day. Better safe etc...

No definitely don't put anything on this yet! Leave to heal an hopefully it'll be better before the wedding x

I was going to suggest silk over it but even that could make it worse with all the glue and product, it does look quite deep doesn't it.
Shame its her wedding day though. Eeeek! :Scared:

Well guys I just got this pic from her today skin totally healed and it's well grown up I see her on Wednesday but It has healed/ grown up really well ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405867013.120914.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405867026.888087.jpg

:lol: So crisis averted, that's good news!

Looks like it all that worry and it's ended up ok

Latest posts

Back