Would you be happy with these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha they are great hun. I also didnt figure out till half way down the post you had done these yourself! I was going to say they are good for a first set on a friend or client but they are bang tidy for doing your own. I am impressed!

I bought sensitive glue for a client so I may give this a bash myself again - tried a couple of years ago...got very frustrated... and gave up![/QUOTE

Bang tidy!.... haha thanks eyespy :hug:

Stick with it.... I found it quite theraputic once I worked out my way of doing it and got into a rhythm :D

x

I'm probably not going to be very popular after this post but I always try to give advice that is as honest and constructive as possible so here goes.

You have done these lashes on yourself but have had no training?

I really wouldn't advise this and, as this is a professional forum, quite easily accessed by the general public I think it's only responsible to say so.

I know you had problems with your previous lash tech but surely you would have been better to find a properly qualified technician who could do this safely for you.

We have all seen the horror pictures on here of lashes done by so called "professionals" . There are so many things that can go wrong that I could never encourage someone to attempt this on their own.

I see you are a hair geek. I would never cut and colour my own hair and then post pics on the hair forum for feedback. I would be shot on the spot!

I hope you all understand my reasons for posting this

I'm glad you posted elliebee, as I was going to make similar comments. I mean no disrespect to the OP or the people that have commented, but surely as professionals, on a professional only forum, we shouldn't be encouraging and praising someone that has done a treatment on themselves with no training?

One of the site rules is to direct consumers and non pro's to professionals- not provide them with advice or well dones. This still applies, even if the person is trained in a different beauty treatment than the one they are discussing. xx

I agree i think fair enough if you want to have a go at home but i dont agree with coming on a public forum and asking pros for our opinions.

You mayswel have started a thread titled 'hey tom,**** and harry, dont bother wasting your money on the pros when you can do them yourself'.

Sorry but thats my opinion.

Sent from my X10i

I'm probably not going to be very popular after this post but I always try to give advice that is as honest and constructive as possible so here goes.

You have done these lashes on yourself but have had no training?

I really wouldn't advise this and, as this is a professional forum, quite easily accessed by the general public I think it's only responsible to say so.

I know you had problems with your previous lash tech but surely you would have been better to find a properly qualified technician who could do this safely for you.

We have all seen the horror pictures on here of lashes done by so called "professionals" . There are so many things that can go wrong that I could never encourage someone to attempt this on their own.

I see you are a hair geek. I would never cut and colour my own hair and then post pics on the hair forum for feedback. I would be shot on the spot!

I hope you all understand my reasons for posting this

No, you are right elliebee... I apologise, I didn't think about it like that and how that this could be seen by any member of the public. I would hate to be the reason anyone caused themselves harm by trying it too.

Just because I managed ok doesn't mean it's safe or easy.

Maybe I could get the thread removed?

x

Hugs to you hunny, and thank you for being so mature about the comments, when many others would have acted like children and kicked up a stink.

Oh I'm glad you appreciate where I was coming from and didn't take this too personally.

Once you've been on your course, come on and ask for a much feedback and advice as you like. I, for one, will be more than happy to help you

E x

Hugs to you hunny, and thank you for being so mature about the comments, when many others would have acted like children and kicked up a stink.

I have been looking for an alternative lash tech but the few I've asked about have not had the best reports.... and horror stories to boot, and I've seen the broken sparse lashes as proof :Scared:

It's a sad state of affairs when you feel doing your own is safer than going to some of the 'pro's' in the area :eek: but, even so... I will keep searching! :)

I was very spoilt by the expertese of the original tech, I miss her so :cry:

I definitely intend on doing my training.... have wanted to for a while now.

And I promise... no more DIY's until I've done it! :hug:

xx

P.s. How do I go about having the thread removed? Thanks

In view of the above, I think now is the time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back