Would you be happy with these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarstyle

Reaction score
I was hoping some of you eyelash geeks could tell me if you would be happy with this application? If you've seen a few of my recent posts asking advice you will know I've had a bit of trouble lately with my last eyelash tech :sad:

Don't shout at me but... are they ok for a first attempt? :Scared:

Oh, and please excuse the unplucked eyebrows :eek: x

Attachments

• IMAG0654.jpg
    IMAG0654.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 523
Great attempt hun. Well done you. For me the actual thickness look too much. What did u use. I'd also say on the left eye towards the inside you could have got more on and actually the entire set could do with more. Also I'd have tinted lashes first IMO. There are also a quite a few crossing over so u need to concentrate on making sure they are all going one way x I do think you have done a really good job

Look good. Maybe a little too long as some seem to be crossing over, which could be that the natural lash can't support the weight of the false one.

I have 'no eyed dear' :)-P) about eyelashes but I'd say they look brill hun, especially for a first attempt! I'd pay for them :-D well done you!
..I can see your contact lens! Spooky lol.. Mine were really playing up today and now I have a horrible blood shot eye :-( boo xxx

They Look Fab! Very Glam! Well done!! x

Thanks guys... I must admit I expected to be told off :Scared: for doing them myself but I am abdolutely addicted to my lashes but my original lash tech... who was absolutely amazing... left the salon and the new girl just never seemed to do them anywhere near as good.
I kept going for 6 months hoping she would improve but with it coming up to xmas I couldn't justify spending £45 every two weeks for something I felt constantly disappointed with :sad:

So... I treated myself to some bits for chrimbo :D but fair play, it's not the easiest thing to do on your own eyes :|

Thankyou for your comments... I do agree, there are a few wayward ones which I need to keep an eye on for next time and I will try harder to keep them straight. I was very anal about isolation though lol.

ProperPrincess I have used 2.0 in 9,11,13,15... long I know but it's what I'm used to as I really like the thick full on look. Oh, and they are D's too... yes, they are meant to be the trickiest to apply but I like a challenge :D

Thanks Anne Niven... I will try and wean myself off the 15's!

I am now even more desperate to do my training and get out there but don't worry, I would never in a million years do anyone else until I'm fully qualified and insured. Just mine for now! :wink2:

xx

I have 'no eyed dear' :)-P) about eyelashes but I'd say they look brill hun, especially for a first attempt! I'd pay for them :-D well done you!
..I can see your contact lens! Spooky lol.. Mine were really playing up today and now I have a horrible blood shot eye :-( boo xxx

Lmao Abstyle.... I was a very 'still no eyed deer' with those tweezers up close :Scared: :lol:

eew... never knew my contacts were that visible... hopefully the lashes will distract from them. If that doesn't work then I'm sure the unplucked eyebrows will! :eek:

x

Omg I didn't realise you'd done them on yourself & you haven't even had any training lol jesus I'd end up with 2 glass eyes if I attempted that on myself!! lol I can see one day you becoming a really good lash tech if you can do that to yourself with out a qualification x

I am fully trained and have been doing lashes for 6 months solid and I still have not been able to get them right on myself so well done you. They look great for your 1st time untrained and on yourself. :)

Lmao Abstyle.... I was a very 'still no eyed deer' with those tweezers up close :Scared: :lol:

eew... never knew my contacts were that visible... hopefully the lashes will distract from them. If that doesn't work then I'm sure the unplucked eyebrows will! :eek:

x

Haha! 'a still no eyed dear!' love it!

Oh babe, they're really not that noticeable, don't panic! .. It's just the pic was super super close! :)
And your eyebrows really aren't that bad!!! Xx

Thank you both. I'm hoping to be good... I know how much of a difference it can make to how you feel by having some amazing lashes (as well as the way not so good lashes make you feel also) and want to make others feel good too :hug: x

Wow! How long did these take you to apply yourself? Which glue did you use and did you separate the lashes? Reason I ask is I also try and apply my own but they never look as good as this! Am considering posting a request for treatment swap as fed up with my Ladies getting killer lashes and not me! Xxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

I want to do my own so bad but says think it will take me forever...
How do you do it? With eyes open, isolate The lash from underneath and drop the ext on top of them?
I'm dying to know!!! X

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Wow! How long did these take you to apply yourself? Which glue did you use and did you separate the lashes? Reason I ask is I also try and apply my own but they never look as good as this! Am considering posting a request for treatment swap as fed up with my Ladies getting killer lashes and not me! Xxx

Hi Justlashes... they actually took me over 4 and a half hours :eek: but now I have a good amount on the fill ins will be much quicker and I'm hoping to fill them at least once a week to keep them looking full.

I used the kiss no.1 sensitive glue as obviously you need your eyes open, well I had to anyway.

I seperated the lashes with one pair of tweezers and used a slanted pair (facing inward, if you know what I mean) to attatch the lash.

Lots of pumping with the air blower and regularly went through with a lash seperator just to make sure there were no sneaky strays stuck anywhere they shouldn't have been.

And I also used some de-tacked micropore to hold some of the lashes out of the way at times when it was getting harder to see them.

HTH xx

Well...it was time well spent! I use a glue specificlly for open eyes but end up randomly plonking the lashes on my own rather than separating....and the results are nowhere near as good as yours! I will try and set aside loads of time and get some good lashes on! Thank you for your reply honey xxxx

Oh my good god I didn't know they were on yourself. Well done you xx

Oh my good god I didn't know they were on yourself. Well done you xx

Haha... thank you. I can't do them on anyone else.... yet! :wink2:

Believe me, with a 6 month old baby girl I would much rather go to someone else, lie down for 2 hours with my eyes closed, listening to relaxing music and be pampered.... but alas... my recent experiences have not been so great :sad:

Hense why I can't do tinting either lol x

Haha... thank you. I can't do them on anyone else.... yet! :wink2:

Believe me, with a 6 month old baby girl I would much rather go to someone else, lie down for 2 hours with my eyes closed, listening to relaxing music and be pampered.... but alas... my recent experiences have not been so great :sad:

Hense why I can't do tinting either lol x

Why what's happened x

Why what's happened x

Oh nothing massively drastic... just always felt deflated when leaving after having my lashes done in the salon, nowhere near as good as the first girl that did them. I did have quite a lot of natural lash loss at times from quite a few stuck to one extension... which obviously eventually caused irritation and bald patches too :(

I meant I couldn't tint my lashes as I wouldn't have a clue where to start and even if I did I don't think I would even attempt to do that myself :Scared:

xx

Last edited:
haha they are great hun. I also didnt figure out till half way down the post you had done these yourself! I was going to say they are good for a first set on a friend or client but they are bang tidy for doing your own. I am impressed!

I bought sensitive glue for a client so I may give this a bash myself again - tried a couple of years ago...got very frustrated... and gave up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back