Would you do a discount?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
I had a client 2 weeks ago for hard gel extensions. She said the next day that some of the nails had fallen off and I was sure I forgot primer, so I re did a full set for her for free obviously as it was my fault. I messaged her a few days later to ask how the nails were- she said fine but she had broken one but it was her own fault- fair enough.
She is now booked in for another full set next week and to try some new tips I got, do I give her a discount for these? I kind of feel like it's been a lot of hassle because of my mistake but I don't want to be a mug either lol! What do you think?

I wouldnt to be honest you dont want her thinking she is going to get a cheapy everytime

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dinna be daft Lassie!! :lol:

The length of time her new set has been on proves your application is just right. Your client has broken one nail... Her mistake nothing to do with you.

Your client has also re-booked.. that speaks for itself!

You're a business...not a charity, lol Be proud of your work and have faith in yourself. :hug:

Nope I wouldn't offer anything. You thought you'd made a mistake last time so you rectified the issue then - case closed.

Karaxxx

I had a client 2 weeks ago for hard gel extensions. She said the next day that some of the nails had fallen off and I was sure I forgot primer, so I re did a full set for her for free obviously as it was my fault. I messaged her a few days later to ask how the nails were- she said fine but she had broken one but it was her own fault- fair enough.
She is now booked in for another full set next week and to try some new tips I got, do I give her a discount for these? I kind of feel like it's been a lot of hassle because of my mistake but I don't want to be a mug either lol! What do you think?

I don't think you should. The second problem wasn't anything to do with you - she could've simply asked for the one nail to be redone but it was her choice to have the full set :)

Why would you discount, you've already replaced the full set FOC? Your client has openly admitted it was her fault the one nail has broken (oh if only they were all like that :) )

All you'll do is make a rod for your own back by discounting, she may come to expect it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't discount Hun, if she's rebooked she's obviously happy with the service :)

If the new tips go Pete tong and that's only if, then id discount or re-do nails as she is trialling them for u xxxxx

I agree with everyone too, you did the right thing by fixing your work when you realized what caused the problem which was good :) But when clients admit they break or damage a nail due to their own fault then that's not your problem to fix.
I agree also on only discounting if you're introducing or trialing a new product on clients to get feedback and such or trying new techniques to see how they wear.
All the best! :)

You are a business woman and this is your livelihood. You won't be successful unless you change your mindset. You made a mistake the first time...you owned it and made it right.

You owe her nothing but a good service at full price from this point on.

Latest posts

Back