Would you have said no to these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIVA.GLAM

Reaction score
To summarise, girl has coloured hair brown a couple of times. Herself. Girl colours hair with blonde box colour twice. Herself. Blonde on top brown on mid lengths and ends. She has very long thick layered hair. I spend 4 hours foiling it all, evening it out and it is a lovely blonde with some darker tones. Really really chuffed, one of those times where you know you're in the right job.
Now she wants to go back brown- what a waste and a shame. Tried to talk her out of it/round it by just breaking it up. Nope. DEFINATELY want to go back brown. Reluctantly brought her to a 6 with a 6.45ish tone (majirel). It was lovely but I feel a bit defeated! Would you have still done it?
Then her friend comes in and it's nearly every hairdressers worst nightmare. A bleaching failure. She had bleached it herself a couple of times and another salon had bleached it and apparently toned it? Nah. They had just bleached it and fried it. It was like a yellow 10. I couldnt help but say no. I did a 10 + 9.01 and it toned it lovely. Really happy. Still feels like crap. Cut loads off. But now I am going to have to maintain that colour for her... Kinda wish I hadn't taken it on. It's just awful condition. Would you have said no?

I very rarely say no to anyone, i like a challenge! So i would deffo have said yes. You can work on the condition with her and show her how her hair should be.

Great opportunity for you to educate these two girls! And retail some masks and quality shampoo to the bleach one!!

i very rarely say no, i also like a good challenge! you know what u are doing and if they both stick with u and your after care advice they will both have lovely locks! xx

Hi, 2 weeks ago I had my dark brown hair lightened to a blonde colour, I spent 5 hours in the chair had it all bleach bathed then loads of foils and it came out how I asked and what I wanted and was still in great condition! And I hate it, its something I've wanted done for about 2 years and now wish I had never had it done! I really want it coloured back to a dark brown but I feel so guilty because she worked so hard on my hair and was really proud of the results, I have worn my hair tied back everyday since I had it done and I know the colour won't grow on me! But I feel so so guilty if I have it coloured again!

Hi, 2 weeks ago I had my dark brown hair lightened to a blonde colour, I spent 5 hours in the chair had it all bleach bathed then loads of foils and it came out how I asked and what I wanted and was still in great condition! And I hate it, its something I've wanted done for about 2 years and now wish I had never had it done! I really want it coloured back to a dark brown but I feel so guilty because she worked so hard on my hair and was really proud of the results, I have worn my hair tied back everyday since I had it done and I know the colour won't grow on me! But I feel so so guilty if I have it coloured again!

but it's your hair though! Explain it just doesn't feel you. I'd have no prob if it was someone who's hair i did.

That's what I mean it's their hair that's not the problem. I very rarely say no because it's like there is a voice in my head going "don't do it because you can't" then there is a gang of other voices going "up yours! Bring it on!".
I just can't help but feel like I haven't fulfilled my duty of pleasing the client. She said she loved the colour but she just wasn't used to it and wanted to go back brown. I feel as though I've been given opportunities to show off the great work that I know I CAN do... And it gets snatched away from me :( boo I'm just sad she wanted to colour over my masterpiece I guess lol
Their hair, their money...

Latest posts

Back