Would you look at my new website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

Reaction score
would you mind taking a peek at my new website??
I've asked family and friends to look at it and they all love it but think they may be slightly biased!!:lol:
Would be grateful of any feedback that you have a minute to give..

www.graysbeauty.co.uk

I really like the site and think it looks very professional.
But......you need more pics (although I am sure you will be adding more)-the one you have at the moment is not very clear though.
Also, I think on all the menus the scroll bar should be on the right and made more noticeable, as this is where it normally is. Although you have the writing to say scroll down I didnt actually see it at first, as I was looking at the writing on the menu.
x

I don't get the keys for the salon until 1st June and then it needs lots of work so will put more pics up once it's done out..am waiting on more pics from my nail tech too, just a bit difficult when we aren't actually open :)
Not sure I can move the scroll button but will check..I'm not keen on it either but it was only way to get all the treatments on..hopefully once the salon is up and running I can progress onto a more advanced site - this was just a freebie..
Thanks for the comments, appreciate your time :)

hi,

i tried making a website through moonfruit but there was a limitation on how much information/pics i could post on there.

i have done another one through weebly and have got much more on than moonfruit!

lovely!
just don't like the scrolling bar as I too had trouble finding it until I looked, don't think we should need to look for it. think that may be the website person's fault though not yours.
price list does seem a bit crammed, maybe have more tabs at the bottom when you go into beauty treatments that say massage, nails, etc?
just some ideas don't even know if it's possible!
hth x

We tried that but can't add more onto the menu list.. Free websites seem like a great idea but you are so limited with what you can do! Think I need to upgrade as soon as I can but will have to make do with this one for now..
Thanks for feedback :)

I really like the look of your website! Very clean looking if you see what I mean.

However, I have quite a large screen (27") and my browser is extended over the whole screen. The problem is that I get the (lovely) pic of the girl repeated over the screen. The 'site' part with your info and everything is in the top left hand part of screen not in the centre. The area where there isn't your 'site' is the picture of the girl repeated. You know like if you put a wallpaper on your pc desktop in tile mode.

I hope I've described that accuratly enough :) for info I'm using Firefox but I've checked in Safari and it's the same. I don't really know how you can fix this although I'm sure I remember my sis saying something about centering the website and pics in the browser so I'm sure it can be done!

I hope a more knowledgable geek can help you out :))

i love it! esp the quote you have! looks elegant! can just imagine ur salon being boutique! the only thing i dont like is the treatment menu, i think you need to break it up a little, ie diff coloured font for headings etc? i just found it a little 'uninteresting'(im not sure if thats a little harsh of a word, but i like things to jump out and find me and if im scanning for something imparticular ie nails i like it to be clearly defined! hope that makes sense! i cant belive its a free website coz it looks fab! good luck with everything x x

It's going to be all shabby chic and boutique!
Will put pictures on of the salon as soon as it's finished.
Thanks for comments, definitely need to look at treatment menu and make it easier to read.
Kate

Hi,

I've also just launched my website so if anyone could have a quick look and give some feedback that would be fantastic! Thanks!

Adam

Hi,

I've also just launched my website so if anyone could have a quick look and give some feedback that would be fantastic! Thanks!

Adam

www.awaesthetics.com

Iris, all I can say is "wow" the first loaded part of the site is very eye catching well done!! It certainly grabs your attention.

One thing you may want to revisit is the treatment menu section where on the left there is a tiny message saying scroll down for more info but the scroll bar is barely noticeable.

Fab site!! xx

Just noticed it is a moon fruit one too!!!! Impressive x

Latest posts

Back