Would you use un-pedicured feet to advertise products?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, I have to say how much I love the word "mingin'" :D

Secondly, I can't count how many times I've looked through top fashion mags and seen horrible-looking hands and feet (mostly hands, though)--that had either been manicured, but badly, or had a set of nasty, nasty acrylic nails, or just simply had no work done at all. I don't get it! Why would an advertiser find this acceptable?

And as for those feet: I'll see your "mingin'" and raise you a "gag me." Hee.

Hmmm, I am seriously thinking of e-mailing M&S to tell them what I think :irked:

they just fwant you to buy the pjs

nailartist said:
First off, I have to say how much I love the word "mingin'" :D .

Have to say I think Skanky is a better description, that's my favourite word.
Even my hubby immediately said "eew, dodgy feet".:eek:

definately bad there, i would have sorted them for the right amount of money, lol

first, models often have minging feet as they have their feet squeezed into wrongly fitting shoes all the time.
we often comment about the fact that lots of models we see at fashion shows have the face of angels but feet of hobbits:eek:

secondly,if the shoot had been specifically feet orientated they would've used a foot model, which is a model who has particularly good feet and they r well looked after.
i have seen both ends of the spectrums on shoots, and i must admit is has surprised me that the models feet werent at least pedicured, or mayb she could have worn cute bedtime socks or even slippers!

M&S usually do fantastic ad campaigns, it would probably b a gd idea for some nail techs to contact them and point out what we all have noticed.

eewww thats a tad horrible....

It just looks to me like a complete oversight. As someone else said, a 'foot' model would have been used if it was specifically a foot related advert.

Saying all that you would expect flawless adverts (well airbrushed ones) from somewhere such as this company.

:eek: Whoah - that foot was pretty manky! Not a very good advert at all.

beaute said:
I have to say that I have seen worse.

In my opinion and everyone is entitled to one, how would you feel if you were the one in the pic and somebody was discussing your feet?

It isn't an easy job being a model (and no I'm not one myself). The models have to squeeze there feet into shoes that are too small for them, hence all the foot problems e.g corns and bunions. I am not excusing the fact that she has removed the hard skin, i'm just saying lay off her a bit.

I am surprised though that M&S hasn't got in contact with a pedicurist to do her feet, since they get stylists to do hair and make-up, so they should have getting someone to do her feet.

You wouldn't like it if someone metioned "eehh look at her feet and it was yours because you forgot to give yourself a pedicure". Would you?

That feels better.

Glad you feel better now after telling us off.

The point of my post was the fact that a high street store had used unpedicured feet in an attempt to sell some clothing - I would have thought they would have used a pedicurist (as you too say) or at least airbrush it.

The point wasn't to have a go at the model but although comments have been made about the model, I think you've taken them too seriously. They were all meant lightheartedly as a bit of banter between mates who have a sense of humour, not to actually pick and upset someone (how would the model used know about comments on this site anyway?).

This is one pic where Photoshop would definately be in order!
OOh that corn is calling out to me... Id love to get my hands onher feet!

Latest posts

Back