Would you work if you did not have to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eternalscot

Reaction score
If you had enough money, not to like live like some daft noveau riche millionaire, but say a million for a nice house a few investments and a good school for your child. If you invested the rest and got a good income from it would you continue to work? For me I would but I would stop doing new clients, interested how others would feel.

Yes. I know if I didn't I would eat All the time out of boredom and get really fat! Lol

If it was only around 10 million or under then I would have to, I've always said I would have a house built for me, a big clash of ultra modern with ultra old (think old castles), staff to clean cook and do the gardens etc.... And keep me wearing lacroix for my life, so by the end of budgeting that until I pass I would have to work for day to day expenses.
If I was rich enough to not have to work, I wouldn't, or atleast I wouldn't take clients, just family's hair.
I do love my job, but I work to live. Xoxo

If i won the lottery id have a salon as a hobby because there would be no fear of making a loss.

If i didnt need to work id like to be employed for one day a week just to stay proactive.

Nope!! I might buy a salon and staff it (with superdooper reliable staff obviously) just so I could still buy lots of new nail and beauty stuff lol and try them all out. I would swan about shoppping and being a lady what lunches :) x

I'd work but not hairdressing ;-) I love it but I dream of being an artist and having a studio in the Yorks Moores. Not good enough at mo so would spend a few years just painting and drawing and studying art

I'd work but not hairdressing ;-) I love it but I dream of being an artist and having a studio in the Yorks Moores. Not good enough at mo so would spend a few years just painting and drawing and studying art

With a glass tower so you can sit dry and paint the lands or even paint the glass so grass would be blue, the sky orange, rivers red and still be able to see people walking about :) xoxo

I would, i would buy my own salon and also do some charity working. Couldnt stand mot working id get board!

With a glass tower so you can sit dry and paint the lands or even paint the glass so grass would be blue, the sky orange, rivers red and still be able to see people walking about :) xoxo

What are you on! I'll have a double
Please ;)

I would, i would buy my own salon and also do some charity working. Couldnt stand mot working id get board!

I can assure you once you have ran a salon the "novelty" feeling wears thin. Being called up in the middle of the night when the alarms goes off, staff taking the mick. Don't be put off though I sold my business which paid off my house, that was 10 years ago and I look back and think that was no life. I was working constantly! It great to have dreams though.

What are you on! I'll have a double
Please ;)

Nothing at all, running on the noodles I had for lunch and too many coffee's. Think my kitchen is depressing me so much all that's left is my imagination.

I'm going to dig out the old sims game and build my dream house I think, then put lots of people in it, take away the doors and set it on fire, build a graveyard and move a new family in so they get haunted. Mwahahaha!

There's a old church for sale by me with a grave yard, I so want to buy it and move in. Would love a cemetery as my garden, add a river between the head stones and a bench overlooking the bigger cemetery surrounded by corpses. Xoxo

Nothing at all, running on the noodles I had for lunch and too many coffee's. Think my kitchen is depressing me so much all that's left is my imagination.

I'm going to dig out the old sims game and build my dream house I think, then put lots of people in it, take away the doors and set it on fire, build a graveyard and move a new family in so they get haunted. Mwahahaha!

There's a old church for sale by me with a grave yard, I so want to buy it and move in. Would love a cemetery as my garden, add a river between the head stones and a bench overlooking the bigger cemetery surrounded by corpses. Xoxo

I would love to live in an old church. There was one on location location once.
I'd run an animal sanctuary too. For make goats..I'd grow my beard so I looked like a billy and be know locally as "the crazy goat lady"

I have my own salon and I love it. I eat, breathe and sleep it. If it was as male I would have married it by now.:lol:
Seriously though I love my job and I llove my salon. It's hard work but it is so rewarding. I just stand in it sometimes and look around and think. This is my salon. I'm so proud of it.
If I won the lottery I'd still work in it and probably open a chain of them too. :biggrin:

If I had 100 million I wouldn't work anymore id just boss around and live the life and travel everyday haaaa ;) as much as I love doing hair I would spend my millions first then in few years I come back to hairdressing hehe

Yes I'd still work!

Hell yeah , I'd still work , sitting around all day long , nothing to do ....no, bad for the mind, you'd crack up.
Why do you think all the old toffs were a bit mad?

Hell yeah , I'd still work , sitting around all day long , nothing to do ....no, bad for the mind, you'd crack up.
Why do you think all the old toffs were a bit mad?

Oooh yehhhs, jolly good old gal. Where's my rifle Jeeves I need a gin.

Old toffs had nothing to do, we have shopping centres willing to dress us nicely in exchange for money :) Paris Hilton #2 haha. Oh I need to make a nail polish line first too xoxo

I would still work! I would invest in all of my dream businesses and be business woman of the year lol. I would get bored of shopping and sitting around all day, every day. That's not enjoying the money in my eyes x

Yes, I'd still work. I love running my salon. I'd use money to open more salons!

I certainly wouldn't work in exhibitions anymore (day job, for now).

I would do all the things I want to do. Take the courses I wanted to do, even if just for fun.

I'd travel the world.

Latest posts

Back