Xp colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blossom89

Reaction score
What are people's views on the xp colour range, I'm thinking about converting from wella to make it more cost effective for myself. U.K. Based. Thanks in advance x

I don't rate them. Don't like the smell, the consistency and the results aren't great. I tried a few of them out on family to see what I thought, but this was about 4 or 5 years ago. I know they have been revamped recently and for mobile stylists it is a compact range and do a great bulk buy option when buying 10 or more tubes.

You can easily convert from wella to them as the tones are very similar.

If you are looking for a more cost effective range, then maybe think about rusk or make the switch to another good reputable colour line like goldwell, scharzkopf or even indola where it's slightly cheaper per tube but you still have the fantastic technical support like from wella.

Hope that makes sense?

I don't rate them. Don't like the smell, the consistency and the results aren't great. I tried a few of them out on family to see what I thought, but this was about 4 or 5 years ago. I know they have been revamped recently and for mobile stylists it is a compact range and do a great bulk buy option when buying 10 or more tubes.

You can easily convert from wella to them as the tones are very similar.

If you are looking for a more cost effective range, then maybe think about rusk or make the switch to another good reputable colour line like goldwell, scharzkopf or even indola where it's slightly cheaper per tube but you still have the fantastic technical support like from wella.

Hope that makes sense?
Brilliant thank you I am Mobile yes, I shall have a look into the others also. I love wella but I'm not really making a lot and I've just put my prices up a tad. Looking at as many options as possible. Thank you x

I'm not mad on xp, I find them murky and dark, I would try another range personally :)

I switched from wella to XP.. and now I have converted back - doesn't cover grey/white hair brilliantly, colour washes out quickly and loses gloss. I guess you get what you pay for with colours - stick to what you know is what I learnt.

Totally agree with the others they are flat and dull..... however have tried a few rusk and the shine is beautiful x

I've used wella for years.
I moved to a salon that uses goldwell, there a bit more cost effective but you can't make all the colours. I tried xp200 and 100. Found 200 colours are not great 100 a little better tho some of them can be flat.

I found xp didn't have enough depth and a lot of the colours are very plain despite trying all different volumes. Stick to what you know wella all the way

I have used xp100 for the last 4 years and love them. I find they cover grey fantastic and the tube goes along way. I just don't like shades 7-8 as I find they always look golden.

Latest posts

Back