Yell.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
Hi, I had Yell call me today with an offer to have a front page listed advert online with a click through to my website with one catagory listing and a second free of charge for just £10 per month.

Have anyone of you done this and how do you find it works for your business?

thanks
Mel

Hiya

I can only speak from when im looking for a service, Yell.com tends to be the first place i look. And Im gonna stick my neck out, and say that I dont think #10 a month is that bad. However...

Can you get out at any time? Or are you tied in for a set period? If you could try it out for two or three months that might not be a bad idea, gauge the response and deceide whether to continue or not.

Also, did they give you any idea of how many hits the website gets or any kind of figures that could help you decide?

Just a few thoughts but on the whole I dont think it sounds like a bad deal!

Hope you decide whats best :)

prettymiss xxxx

Hi Hun,
We have used Yell .com for our other business for a few years, This year when it is due again, we are stopping it.
I have a tracker on our website, definately not getting the hits with Yell.com.......they are all coming through Google.
Beware they will lock you into a 12 month contract. They will also put the hard sell on, they have with us in the past.
I am also in dispute with them for taking money from my account using direct debit details from a previous years advertising, I did not authorise it this time, they never sent us any mail telling us what they were going to do.
Beware........they have changed their methods over the past few years.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

i have a advert with them for another business and its free and still get calls..
but i personally only serch through google when looking for things.. so i did google adverts as a paid for ad.

Latest posts

Back