yellow nails do they come off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
i have a friend that has been having her nails done for bout 3 years now maybe a bit longer and all she has now is a natural acrylic overlay her nail tech told her that her nails have gone yellow and all the product needs to come off and needs re doing? my reply to her was that the product shouldnt have gone yellow and u dont need to take the nail enchancement off and re do it the prep is done correct she wouldnt of had this problem she then got very :mad: at me as she took it that i was bagging her nail tech and that was not the case all i as trying to do is to repeat to her what was taught to me in this case what do u all think of this suituation i dont know what products are used or if she has any qualifations at all

I think the fact that your friend has been going to this nail tech for 3 years must count for something...if she wasn't a good tech she wouldn't still be going to her. Also she is now on a natural nail overlay which is good.......I take it they look good?

This might just be that the tech has contaminated her brush and the product has yellowed, so she is now rightly advising a soak off of this product and re doing it...

Notice I said might...there are other reasons that may have caused this yellowing.....The main thing is the tech has pointed it out to your friend and is going to do something about it.......So unless there is something else I don't think you can really slag off this tech!

It is our job as nail technicians to advise clients when new sets are needed. Yellowing is a sign of product breakdown. I would also advise a client that it was time for a nice fresh new set if I saw nails looking like this.

thank you for replying as being new the the industry i am still learning things that u dont get taught or see whilst u train as i was told u earn something new everyday and i find this site does exactly that thans for ur help
bell:hug:

Latest posts

Back