young ladies party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobweb

Reaction score
hi again,
one of my ladies has asked me to do a party for her daughter who will be 10 in september..
YIKES :Scared: I have never done one before, so please can anyone give me some really helpful advice as i dont know where to start. what i do know is that the mums are all quite comfortable off so i think if i do well,, i could end up doing very well if you know what i mean.
party is on sept 2nd

love deb x x x

I'm doing one of them tomorrow!!!!!

I'm just doing a little bit about nail and skin care! I'll show them how to paint nails and put on little diamantes and stuff!!
It should be a lovely day! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Good luck!

I do a simple fun 'beauty and nails quiz' for them as a starter as it gives them something to do for the first 10 minutes whilst you get your stuff out properly and also it gets them giving you 100% of their attention right from the start. Then I go through the correct answers with them (having a laugh at some of the daft stuff we put down sometimes) and then give the winner a small prize.

Questions are like........

What sort of food gives you spots

What colours are used in a french polish

What colour nail varnish is hard to remove

What colour nail varnish can stain your nails

And the very last question on the list that I always ask is ........

How old should you be to start wearing make up.

Of course they all feel that they should be allowed to wear make up when they are really young. Then I tell them that I know exactly what the right age is to be allowed to wear make up......ANSWER. When Your Mom Says You Are Old Enough. At this point everybody usually laughs especially the moms.

Then I go onto the nail paint/art stuff, and whilst I am doing one girl the others are usually looking through my designs and choosing what colour polish they want to wear etc.

i did my first party a few weeks ago for a group of 13 year olds. it all went very well but i would say i took too much stuff and far too many designs cos they just wanted EVERYTHING. i should probably have just showed them a few designs to keep it simple for them. The girls were sooooo impressed just seeing my stuff and all wanted to become nail techs after it.
I also took my paraffin wax heater to let them try while they were waiting their turn and they were delighted ( and it kept them amused) Would definately do more parties.
cobweb said:
hi again,
one of my ladies has asked me to do a party for her daughter who will be 10 in september..
YIKES :Scared: I have never done one before, so please can anyone give me some really helpful advice as i dont know where to start. what i do know is that the mums are all quite comfortable off so i think if i do well,, i could end up doing very well if you know what i mean.
party is on sept 2nd

love deb x x x

Latest posts

Back