Younique beauty products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the name of the mascara... ?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I only realised this after staring hard at the picture wondering why Sallyyummymummy was getting rather irate.

That's why I reposted the pic above to show why I thought they were false lashes.

Oops! :o

Sorry Sally! :hug:

The mascara is £23 to everyone so unless you charged say £30 you wouldn't make a profit but that's a lot for a mascara, especially when clients can just buy it themselves for £23 x

It might be a good mascara but that wouldn't be enough to persuade me to retail a non-pro brand.

The mascara is £23 to everyone so unless you charged say £30 you wouldn't make a profit but that's a lot for a mascara, especially when clients can just buy it themselves for £23 x

You wouldn't have to retail it higher, as a presenter you receive a percentage of every sale you make. you would be receiving a percentage out of the £23. I think it works by the amount you sell but not sure.

Erm...because I assumed from the after picture you posted, it states 3D fibre lashes all across it and they look very fake....:eek: lol.

View attachment 75334

I was always taught assumption makes an ass of u and me. Never assume

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, I only realised this after staring hard at the picture wondering why Sallyyummymummy was getting rather irate.

That's why I reposted the pic above to show why I thought they were false lashes.

Oops! :o

Sorry Sally! :hug:

Apology accepted but maybe find out facts before saying something is fake. And yes the mascara is called 3D Fibre Lash mascara. It is a transplanting gel which you follow up with the fibres which are made from green tea.

As for profit. I sell the mascara and all the other products at the price stated and recieve a %age. I don't buy any stock unless I want to but I will only be buying some samples of the foundations, blushers & whatever eye pigments, lipglosses etc I fancy. And of course I will be buying myself some products.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes u get a percentage out of the £23 that it is sold at! You don't have stock and sell for higher price. It is all bought online and sent direct to the purchaser at a set price. I wouldn't believe it was very good mascara either , I use ysl, Lancôme and Dior mascara always have but when I was lucky enough to get given one free I must admit it is a very very good mascara and actually does what it says!! I can't fault it ! All my friends love it ! Defo worth a try if nothing else x

Probably better to stick with a well known brand such as MAC or even JI mineral make-up rather than one that relies on using fake lashes coated with mascara on an 'after' shot!

Bit of a sweeping generalised, and possibly, slanderous comment. From a Mod, too???

Bit of a sweeping generalised, and possibly, slanderous comment. From a Mod, too???

Hey folks

Can we keep to the subject in hand please. I'm sure you'll see a few posts up that AcidPerm has apologised, the apology has been accepted and the thread is moving forward.

Thank you :) xx

A girl I go to bootcamp camp with was wearinh this last night (she's going to be selling it) it does look amazing personally I would buy it as a consumer but wouldn't sell it as anyone can set up to sell x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like this stuff is going to be all over facebook in the next couple of weeks. I hope they are not going to be as bad as forever living and juiceplus, i am feed up of blocking them.

I'm a younique presenter. If anyone wants any info ask away. It's a brand already well established in usa, canada, new Zealand & Australia & launches in the UK on 1st November. I should get my kit with products in the next couple of weeks. If you YouTube the products you can see them in action. I know some presenters in the uk already have the mascara as one of the American presenters sent some over before head office stopped it. Its mineral based products, cruelty free, vegan & doesn't contain any nasties. Here is a pic of the mascara

I've just googled Younique, it does not mention it is a mineral beauty brand, nor they are vegan or not tested on animals - infact it's says the products are made in China and it is China's law to test on animals, I've looked on PETA both US & UK sites and it's not listed, the Younique website also states that only proto types are assembled in the US and that they currently haven't been tested with the FDA. I'm finding it a tad confusing as you've said it's a vegan & cruelty free brand - im a veggie and won't use any products tested on animals, I have to thoroughly research any brands I sell or stock prior to going ahead with them - so can you confirm they are 100% not tested or have any product in them tested on animals as this is a biggy for me x

I've just googled Younique, it does not mention it is a mineral beauty brand, nor they are vegan or not tested on animals - infact it's says the products are made in China and it is China's law to test on animals, I've looked on PETA both US & UK sites and it's not listed, the Younique website also states that only proto types are assembled in the US and that they currently haven't been tested with the FDA. I'm finding it a tad confusing as you've said it's a vegan & cruelty free brand - im a veggie and won't use any products tested on animals, I have to thoroughly research any brands I sell or stock prior to going ahead with them - so can you confirm they are 100% not tested or have any product in them tested on animals as this is a biggy for me x

Younique have been actively selling their products for 2 years. This is information I have been given from my uplines.

The Mineral Touch foundation, eye pigments, concealer & blusher are mineral products.

This is information we are given as presenters. I shall ask my uplines to confirm this information is correct.

Attachments

• 1411505604730.jpg
    1411505604730.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 535
Mineral is a very misleading term. Products only have to have a tiny percentage of minerals to be called mineral make up and these can be products such as talc which is a mineral that is definitely not good for the skin along with bismuth.

I would ask for the percentage of minerals in the product and what they are. This way you can feedback to your customers with knowledge.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We have the information on the products which I am currently working my way through. There is definitely no talc or bismuth in the products. I have a list of the minerals in the products but I am not getting out of my cosy bed to double check it :). I am aware after 9 years in the industry that I need the knowledge for my customers. I signed up just 3 weeks ago and have been out of the country on holiday so still going through my product knowledge.

Younique have been actively selling their products for 2 years. This is information I have been given from my uplines.

The Mineral Touch foundation, eye pigments, concealer & blusher are mineral products.

This is information we are given as presenters. I shall ask my uplines to confirm this information is correct.

That info doesn't state "not tested on animals" cruelty free does not mean that the ingredients haven't been. But yes great if you can confirm that they are not tested on animals or have ingredients derived in them that are...

Actually, funnily enough, the whole line is only bottled in China to save costs. All ingredients are sourced from around the world and put together in the US then shipped to China for bottling and packaging.

We are mineral based, we are cruelty free we are actually working on our leaping bunny certification currently and yes our products are FORMULATED in USA and made in China that part is correct however November 1st that changes with the success and growth of our company we now will be formulated, made and packaged in the USA (Except two products that will be made in Italy and Germany)

Sammiejoe thank you - you have just saved me a job :D I was just about to give you exactly the same information as above which I have had confirmed. Here is also some information about how natural the products are.

Attachments

• 1411539081876.jpg
    1411539081876.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 550
Products can be MADE in china and be cruelty free. Just not cruelty free if they are SOLD there.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back