Your Best Non-nail Related Retail Item?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

With the date of my salon opening fast approaching i'm starting to think outside the box.

What is the one non-related nail retail item that flys off your shelf?

I have a list of all the nail retail items i'm about to order but i'm wondering what else i could offer to attract more clients/sales.

What would attract you???

I used to work for clinique for three years and i'm now a big clarins user.I was thinking about stocking there products, i've noticed some chemists do.Just an idea.

Or make-up bags, etc - I love that kind of stuff! x

Fingertips ND said:
Jewellery!

i am thinking about this too....i had some beautiful jewellery for xmas...and it was very reasonable...i sent for the catalogues and the first order is for £100.00 after that the min order is just £10....i have shown the catalogues to most of my clients now and they all want to order something....here is the link xxx www.geckojewellery.com

Thanks for that.I have made a note off the website.I guess jewellery is definately a good one and relates well to nails too.

Make up bags is an idea too.I'd really like retail something that clients can't easily get hold off...to make myself a bit "premimum".

have you thought about a range of bath products or natural products to use in the bathroom? they get me every time!

what about unique purses? bags with sequins and fringe are big around here!

as you are using the Creative brand anyway, have you looked at the ABC costmetic range that Designer Nails has just taken on.

I have a few friends who have salons/nail bars/tanning studios and they say that Trimmers Slimming Pills by Kaloss always go down well.

A trial pack is £4.95 (retail price, not sure on the trade price) this lasts them a couple of days. A regular sized bottle is £39.95 (retail price) but the trade price is about £25 - apparently most people go straight for the full sized bottle after reading the info leaflet.

If I think of anything else i'll let you know!

NailStyle said:
i am thinking about this too....i had some beautiful jewellery for xmas...and it was very reasonable...i sent for the catalogues and the first order is for £100.00 after that the min order is just £10....i have shown the catalogues to most of my clients now and they all want to order something....here is the link xxx www.geckojewellery.com

Just checked out this website and they have some great products! Definitely worth a look!

naturalnails said:
as you are using the Creative brand anyway, have you looked at the ABC costmetic range that Designer Nails has just taken on.

Good advice from Fiona.....and Designer Nails have an offer on a display stand with the ABC products at the moment...you should phone Customer Services for further information.......I have been using the Anthony Braden makeup constantly since we also stock it....and it is FAB....I used to wear Bobbi Brown makeup...but ABC is jus as good and much cheaper...even at the Retail prices...your clients would love it.

Also the Nimue skincare is somethig you should look into.

The nimue skin care range is fab:Love: especially their rehydrating lip stick and i think they've teamed up with creative.

scarves (hand made) perfumes make up bags purses jewleerry toe rings erm like little bit if you no what i mean

Handbags and accessories

I am a mobile tech but I do retail for string fellows on the side ( handbags, jewellry, watches, novelties, lingerie, bedroom buzzies) I dont have anywhere to display but I always carry catalogues and some samples(just handbags and jewelry) with me and get a GREAT reception. The accessories are quite bling but the bedroom stuff is classier than the competition, so theres no smuttiness.
I know it may not be for every one, but stringfellows do do a salon display (again, just the accessories!) for hairdressers so why not beauty salons. Ive distributed to several local hairdressers and they love it and say the clients do too.
Whats really funny, is they have a mini handbag vibrator in the shape of a nail polish bottle and it looks JUST like an OPI bottle. My younger clients think theyre a scream and snap those up.
I know this may not be for you, but it is different and as its quite a new thing theres a good novelty factor.
AND... as they order through you and collect a few days later, it means they Have to come back and collect their order. I find when I deliver the orders to my client (I'm mobile...) I generally get a shape and polish, or some small chargeable service. So its MORE money for me.

Maybe get some with your company's name of them. Jewelry is a great
idea too. Toe rings are big here and they can be cheap for you wholesale.

Makeup brushes by karen look good and not that much to start off with.
If you are thinking about high-end cosmetics why not high-end brushes as
well?
Her site is http://www.brushesbykaren.com and get her catalog. I got
the catalog but I am just holding off on them cause I am waiting for my
mineral line to get happening.. :wink2:

Amazing Good Luck to Ya!

hi get lots of make up, bags, jewellery, belts and even tights (they go really well) i usually set up a cabinet with all colors schemes and add a painted tip and polish altogether to match everything...
i sell fashion accessories but i have an air stewardess who gets me the latest designer bags and they fly out!!! with the help off a celebrity pic at the side...
slimming tablets (silver) they are excellent..tooth brighteners...
tooth gems retail (home kits)
skin doctor products are great as well for instant results and prices are good..
a nice coffee menu - dow egberts have a brill coffee filter with pods and retail different types of coffee...i have a little menu on the side laminated in a small stand...i even put little biccies on the saucer for them as well..
sweets in jars around and about are good as well for that little extra personal touch..and a great big magazine rack with a great load of mags..
by the way i love your nail station - where was it from?
:D

sorry its me again..
i also offer a brazilian with free thongs - designer ones(playboy etc) but you could do that it normal...get to primark there cheap enough...

Hi there

Toe rings are popular.

Why not do mini survey amongst your clients and see what sort of other products they would like to see available, or would like to be able to buy.

Deb379

I know this is a very old thread, but rather than starting a new one I thought I'd bump this up.

I am looking to retail handbags in the salon I am at, I tried googling handbag wholesalers but came up with 599,000 results which is a bit of a minefield as you can imagine! Hence turning to the geeks for help!!! I've looked at the Amber site mentioned earlier which looks good but wondered if anyone has any other sites they can recommend? Or any other non product items that they retail that they can recommend?

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back