Your favourite for brows-Hot wax or warm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLa78

Reaction score
I always used to use strips for eyebrows but then tried Perron Rigot hot wax. I have some customers who prefer warm wax and some who like the hot. I can't decide which to offer for new clients.
:|:|

Definitely hot. I've had loads of people who can't believe how much less painful it is than when they've had it done with strip wax and also a few who've had bad redness and even scabs and the hot wax is much kinder.

I love Lycon hot wax for eyebrows , you use 2 types of hot wax and get the smoothest skin after with hardly any irritation, i would say 99 % of clients prefer it to the strip wax I used previously , there is always one who says I'm taking too long and it's too much faff with hot wax but I think it's worth it ;)

I use both. Strip for above the brows as it gives a sharp line and also removes tint (hot wax doesn't). I use hot underneath and between the brows but I always finish by tweezing to achieve the perfect brow.

I might try that then Kim, why does it give a sharper finish? Is it because the wax is thinner to apply? (Novice waxer alert!)

Hot wax
Less painful because it removes less skin (and less hair). Applied thick. Can be reapplied in same spot.

Warm wax
Can be used to closely shape the eyebrow area and applied thin. Can't be used on some sensitive clients or people using skin thinning products (like Retin A or AHA products).

Some clients have to use the hot wax, but i use warm on everyone else because otherwise the effect isnt as smooth and when clients are given the choice, i find a majority like the warm better unless they have had a bad previous waxing experience elsewhere and are uptight.

Hot wax
Less painful because it removes less skin (and less hair). Applied thick. Can be reapplied in same spot.

Warm wax
Can be used to closely shape the eyebrow area and applied thin. Can't be used on some sensitive clients or people using skin thinning products (like Retin A or AHA products).

Some clients have to use the hot wax, but i use warm on everyone else because otherwise the effect isnt as smooth and when clients are given the choice, i find a majority like the warm better unless they have had a bad previous waxing experience elsewhere and are uptight.[/QUOTE

Hot wax also shouldn't be used on clients on higher levels of vitamin A as the skin can still rip off.

I'm now plucking a lot more as a lot of my clients use high level vitamin A!

Keep thinking about threading as an option!

Latest posts

Back