Your Favourite Moby????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya peeps,
Well Im almost embarrassed to even put this on here but, I need your advice!
I have been hanging on to my old faithful 3310 brick, er, I mean mobile phone, for the last 2 years now.
It has now got to the point where Im embarrassed to answer it in public, lmao!
I let someone use it in my class the other day and her words were "Cute, my dad has one of those!" :irked:
Well, thats it Im afraid ... time for me to bring myself a little more up to date.
As I'm a mobile dhinosaur I need some help picking a new one but, I keep hearing peeps say "dont go for ABC, the batteries dont last" or "dont go for XYZ the reception is terrible"
So,finally getting to the point here, :rolleyes: what is your fave mobile and why?.
Please help me out on this one as I need all the help I can get, as I dont want to see in 2005 with a 3310!!!! :o

i live in the middle of nowhere and despite all the networks saying they work in my area (as per there very technical maps in the mobile phone shops on pc) orange is the only network that works where i am.
I have never had a problem with orange, can get through to customer services with any problems fairly quickly...i have been both a contract customer and now pay-as-you go and the service i have received hasn't altered at all. My advice to you, despite what the sales assistant tells you about how their network has 99% coverage etc, check with friends, family, clients etc that their chosen network offers good widespread coverage and base your decision on their experiences. even if you want to change networks, you can still keep your existing mobile number if this is important to you.
As for what phone...i have a motorola V500 which i think is easy to use but it has a camera which maybe isn't necessary for you...

Hello....I just got the new LG 8120 3g phone on 3 and I love it. The line rental is cheap as I use mine for my business and need lots of mins and texts. I am a bit of a self-confessed phone junkie and buy and sell phones quiet often. I do find thought that once you are a Nokia fan you probably will be happiest with another Nokia.

If you can wait till after X-Mas sometimes the phone deals are better to keep the trade rolling after the X-Mas rush. As well as new phones will be coming out in the new year.

That's my two bits worth...lol

Cheers

Samsungs are my faves, I had one 5 years ago that I threw against a wall in an argument and it still works for my mum to this day. I then had an A800 which I loved and recently updated to an E600 for the sake of a colour screen. I love the clamshell design, and the menus are easy to use. Battery lasts a long time too. I also have a VK 207i which is very similar in looks and design, but it's also pink, so it's my work phone!
BT are running some very good mobile offers right now including an offer with free phone (Sony Ericsson), line rental at £4.99 for 6 months and £9.99 for the six after that (which then takes you up to your year so you can always change after that if you want to!), it has 100 cross network anytime minutes a month, 50 texts, and calls to your BT home landline are free it under 2 minutes long, so perfect for a quick call home to say you're on your way or something. It's the same monthly package I'm on, though unfortunately I did mine a few months ago when it was £19.99 a month line rental (bummer!!). Their network is supported by T-mobile.
HTH!

I have had every phone going I think lol defo a mobile junky .... Recently had a Samsung P510 camera phone with auto flip .. really easy to use and pretty with it :) but I couldnt get pink housing for it yet as its so new so have just swapped to a Nokia 7610 its a bit bigger and not a flip phone but I managed to buy a pink housing for it from the american Nokia.com site and it now looks cool :) I like it coz it has a great camera and a video with sound thats perfect ... it also has a lot of folders n stuff for my business use ... the menu is loosely based on windows operating system . .. Nokias are great to use adn have some great phones but I must admit I think samsung are up there too and loved my p510 and the E800 is a fab little phone too :)

HTH

I am a bit of a Geek he he .. when it comes to me mobile .. I have a Nokia NGage .. I love it .. love love love love love .. for lots of reasons .. it plays music as I travel to an appointment .. which means I dont stress so much and think ahead to much .. it plays games when I got nothing better to do :G ... it can go online and I can talk in messengers if I am stuck way from home for to long .. .. And! Last but not least .. it has its very own memory card(or cards depending) which I have a nail portfolio on :p ... so when I turn up to a new clinents house and they havent got a clue what they want ..'pink and white plz' :O and I am like Scuplted .. tips .. that pink.. this pink, oh give it a rest they just look at me blankly, so now I show them the difference .. ..... Tis GREAT!!! ..... :D can ya tell I like it :p he he
(This is a Disclaimer about my spelling :p ... its horrible and more so when I get hyper about summat ..;) Sorry :D)

just swapped to a Nokia 7610 its a bit bigger and not a flip phone but I managed to buy a pink housing for it from the american Nokia.com site and it now looks cool

I also have had loads of different moby's, But at the moment have the nokia 7610 and also have a pink housing on it (Us Girls). I would say if youv'e used a nokia for so long your best stay with them :wink2:
The 7610 is a smart phone and great for business.
Check it out Glo.......http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54665,00.html

I have to agree with Tickled Pink, Orange is the best for network coverage, no matter where you go, you will get a signal!!!!

I am a firm Nokia supporter when it comes to phones, I have had Motorola and Samsung in the past but I always end up switching back to Nokia, you just can't beat it in my eyes! The only thing that I would love them to do is my phone (6230 which I love to bits!) in a flip! I love flip phones, but Nokia only do 1 which is CRAP to be honest! Very basic!

Seimens for me good technology always changing for the better...

Thought i would put my input here.
for network coverage you can not go wrong with orange, they are the best once i went to the lake district and the mobile still worked unlike my friends which had vodaphone, and 3.
as for the make a nokia phone whichever model are simple to use, if you have a look on contracts for orange you will find that you will get a nokia (new make ) for free as long as you have a 1 yr agreement. I always choose to have the phone insurance as well as with it being a work phone you have to make sure you are contactable all the time. they have a 24hr policy for a new phone to be sent to you . hope this helps ! let us no how you go on.

mines a nokia 7250i camera phone, 8310 before this one
i would always stick with a nokia, for coverage and reliability, they are class.
i find i usually stick with the same network whichever phone i have.
good luck in choosing a new one.

Samoyed said:
I have to agree with Tickled Pink, Orange is the best for network coverage, no matter where you go, you will get a signal!!!!

I am a firm Nokia supporter when it comes to phones, I have had Motorola and Samsung in the past but I always end up switching back to Nokia, you just can't beat it in my eyes! The only thing that I would love them to do is my phone (6230 which I love to bits!) in a flip! I love flip phones, but Nokia only do 1 which is CRAP to be honest! Very basic!
nokia actually have a new flip phone just out its called the 6260......
http://www.e2save.com/mobile/phones/disphandset.php?network=vodafone&handset=6260
i am waiting for our provider to get them in stock as my fiance is due an upgrade and i will get that phone and he will take my 6230
i do think nokia phones are the best....so quick and easy to use

stanleyann

I've just been checking out new phones. I've finally plumped for the Orange SPV C500. It's a smart phone and is made by Microsoft. It's got everything you'd need ... and probably a bit more! The deal I've gone with is £15 a month which includes free mins and texts (can't remember how many though!) and the handset if free. If you know someone who is on orange then they are doing a deal where if an existing orange user "refers" you they get £25 and you get £50 (is probably in credit on your phone). The phone is takes high resolution photos, video etc. It has windows on it (just like your pc but smaller) - you can even do messenger. It has bluetooth (most of this goes way over my head but I had a wee play with it and it "appears" quite user friendly). Here's a link http://www.orange.com/English/productsandservice/thespv3.asp?bhcp=1

As I haven't got mine yet I can't advise whether it lives up to the hype but it certainly appears very good.

Hope that helps!

Julie

I have to agree with the peeps above about Orange reception. Alot of my mates and family are switching to 3 because they offer more minutes for your money but all I see is them walking around my house and then out into the garden saying "what's wrong with this area? I cant' get any reception!"...HELLO! It's the network, NOT my house!!

As for moby's - if you have a Nokia....stick with Nokia - they keep the menu's basically the same so you won't spend the first month trying to figure out where "you saved that number, etc". I've had a 6100 since they first come out and don't even want a new phone. I think they may even be free on contract now, it's nice and neat - good looking and has a colour screen and polyphonic ringtones (a must if you have any street cred to think of!). I had an 8310 before it and the changeover was really simple. They are almost identical, as with all Nockia - I LOVE NOCKIA'S. Had the misfortune to stray to a Samsung once and took it back before the 14 days were up....nightmare phone - needed a Degree to make a call or sent a text, and no-ne bigger than a child could press the teeny buttons!! All that said, whatever model you have, you will get used to eventually!!

BIG THANX for all your help here girls ... I have to admit Im as confused as ever, :rolleyes: though Nokia phones seem to be coming through as the most popular. At least I have some starting points now, so cheers for all your input!

That's ok Glor!!! You are welcome!

I have to say I'm now in trouble with my fiancee over this thread! Since Stanleyann said there is a new flip Nokia phone coming out I've been looking on the internet at them, but we can't really afford it! LOL!

Typical me, I always want what I can't have!

Samoyed said:
That's ok Glor!!! You are welcome!

I have to say I'm now in trouble with my fiancee over this thread! Since Stanleyann said there is a new flip Nokia phone coming out I've been looking on the internet at them, but we can't really afford it! LOL!

Typical me, I always want what I can't have!
sorry samoyed....didnt mean to get you into trouble....lol....it does look a pretty smart phone though, i will let you know how it is once i get it, i've never had a flip phone before so i dont even know if i will like it.....

stanleyann

ive been with BT Genie for about 4yrs its all done online think its called o2 online, i pay £20 pm and get 500 free txt plus daily minutes, i got me a free phone nokia 6100 nice and slim and totally blonde proof ! lol

I've got a Samsung T100 and I transfered my exsisting sim card from a 3310 into the Samsung. This has been a good phone and is nice and compact. My boyfriend has a Sony Ericson P900 which is a nice phone, this is a touch screen one, it has lots of features but the only disadvantage i find is that its not small and abit of a pain to carry around, but he doesn't find this a problem because hes big anyway.

Latest posts

Back