Your favourite wax and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hello :)

I hope you don't mind me asking - I'm a nail technician at the moment but have just booked a waxing course and am very excited!! Not entirely sure whether this should be in Consumer Queries (sorry mods)!

My course is in November and I will be learning Warm & Hot Wax...
I was just wondering what your favourite wax is, and why? I've heard some very good things about Perron Rigot and am leaning towards this as a lot of you geeks seem to love it.

Also, roughly how much do you think I should set aside for products (including all the little things like cotton wool, spatulas etc)?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

xxx

Im sure you will really enjoy waxing and if you get the chance you should attend one of the Perron Rigot discovery days, based at their offices at the Docklands this will give you the chance to try out the whole range from PR and then you can see which ones you like best.

Disposables all vary in price depending on supplier and of course the quantity that you buy, as with all these products when you buy bigger quantities you can get a better unit price.

Most disposable product costs will epend on what you require; wax strips come as premium quality, thick strips and extra thin options, or muslin strips for examples so its down to your personal choice of product type which will determine your overall cost.

I use Ellisons, Beauty Express and Salonsdirect for disposable products and they each offer a great selection of products.

Good luck Jack

That's great, thanks!

I had no idea there was such a thing as discovery days, what a fab idea. Just looked it up online, unfortunately the next one is in October a month before my course :(

I'm thinking of using Beauty Express or Ellisons (had great experience with them before).

Can you recommend a good wax heater (thinking about Hive) and a nice couch?

xxx

Hive heaters are very good and they have a good range to choose from depending if you prefer Analogue or Digital versions.

Couches depend of how much you want to spend and what treatments you will be performing on it.

There have been lots of posts in this section about couches so have a read through some of these. I have an electric couch which I really like as its great for all my treatments and lets you adjust the table height much quicker and easier. Also I find that couches with the face cradle are much better than those with a face hole if you ae going to offer treatments for men as most male clients tend to be taller. I bought my electric couch from Avalon and I also have purchased couches from bestmassage and they were excellent quality and fast delivery.

http://www.bestmassage.co.uk/uk/couches.html

Hth Jack

That's a great help, thanks very much :)

xxx

The more people you ask for their favourite products the more opinions you are probably going to get but from experience (own and through students) i think its important to go for the new generation of waxes which are polymer based and stay flexible as long as they are on the skin. the heat at a lower temperature (just above body temperature) and are very comfortable for the client and easy to use for you as a therapist.

The most popular and advanced ones are perron Rigot, Bebeau and Berins and if you contact them they might have offers on to get you started ?

Latest posts

Back