Your Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay_leigh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I Dont Know If This Is In The Right Section But Anyway......

I'm Starting My Own Mobile Beauty Business, I Was Only Going To Do Nails But Thinking About It I Love Doing Massages & Facials So I'm Going To Do Everything Apart From Waxing As I Cant Stand It (And To Be Honest I'm Not Good At It Either So At Min Leaving This Off)

So I Was Wondering What Can I Wear On My Nails?
....At College We Were Told We Couldn't Wear Nail Polish But I Recently Had An Interview At A Salon In Sheffield (A Well Know One Round These Parts) And Was Told I Was Allowed To Wear Biosculpture Overlays & i ant got the job :cry:
So Can I Wear Acrylic Overlays? (i'm not trained in gel)

Hiya, at college we were also taught not to wear polish & to keep nails short, but if the salon (iv assumed its a good one!) you mentioned allowed overlays, i dont really see a problem with them as long as you kept them short so that they wouldnt get in the way or scratch your massage or facial clients? hth, although i might wait for a reply from a more experienced geek! :) x x

Well Thats What I Thought, My Nails Dont Go Over My Finger, i Just Dont Like Them Plain, I Like A Bit Of Colour Or Glitter On 'em.

We Got Told You Couldn't Wear Nail Poilsh In Case A Client Was Allergic...I Didn't Knew If This Could Apply To Acrylic (as it doesn't seem to will gel at the salon)

or If It Would Affect Insurance?

Hi I always have short french manicure (gels) on mine all the time as it looks smart and tidy they are not to long as I also do massage treatments. I do own my own business but if a therapist wanted to have gels etc that would be fine as long as they look nice and tidy and not to long. I would also consider nail polish if it was kept nice with no chips at all times. it is harder to keep polished nails nice at all times so I use gels.

hiya,
i think being a nail tech and having your nails done is a good thing as you are your window then and your clients will always complement you on them. i wear bio sculpture and do them myself and i get complemented and asked if i do them myself.

Latest posts

Back