Your oldest clients becoming your competitors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
:(
I know this cane be helped any everyone has the right to do as they please.. but i cant help but feeled annoyed at this! Iv had 2 of my oldest clients now decided to train and do hair extensions in the same city as me. I wasnt told by them the only way i found out is because they advertised on the same site i told them about and i recognised the number.
Has anyone else come across this? am i just being a bit too sensitive?
:?:

It is understandable to feel slightly annoyed but all you can do is make sure your services are at a higher level than theirs.

We train ladies from all over the UK, but some are within our own catchment area as well (we are a working salon as well as training co.)

Our own fitting side of things never seems to be affected

It is understandable to feel slightly annoyed but all you can do is make sure your services are at a higher level than theirs.

We train ladies from all over the UK, but some are within our own catchment area as well (we are a working salon as well as training co.)

Our own fitting side of things never seems to be affected

Thanks hun! and your right i suppose its good because it gives me a kick up the bum if i start getting too comfortable x

For me this is a tough subject as everyone has to start somewhere and many hair extensionists are also seasoned hair extension wearers. I have gone to my hair extension lady for three and a half years now here in London and she is who inspired me to really start my own business and start doing hair extensions properly. She has always been helpful with advice and been a real mentor.

I don't see her as a competitor as she already has a strong client base and there is plenty of clients to go around if we both do a good job. But I guess it might be different in a smaller area. I was always surprised that she was so helpful and willing to share advice but she does not doubt herself and as I said, already has a strong client base so she never felt threatened by me starting to do extensions.

A. Opulent of my clients have started up and are advertising on Facebook, their prices are lower than mine but I just wish them good luck and carry on regardless it doesn't really bother me to be honest.

Latest posts

Back