Your opinion on sunshowers!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimples xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just started using the sun showers,I'm new to it as I usually always have spray tans :D.. What I'd like to know is are they safe to use 2-3 times a week,coz theres so much talk about them..some are for,others against..

Gratefull for any replies

As I'm sure you're aware the WHO/IARC put sunbeds into their group 1 list of known carcinogens last year so must be said that sunbeds are not safe. However, using the same logic, neither are any of the other substances, mixtures and exposure circumstances listed in that category. This includes everything from plutonium, tobacco and alcohol to BBQ's, the birth control pill, chimney soot and artificial sweeteners! We, also mustn't forget the sun (heavenly body, not newspaper:D) was put in there in 1992!

At the end of the day it's up to you to decide what the risks are, but if you decide to proceed, you must find a reputable sunbed shop (like mine:D) that will advise you how to, properly, start and proceed with your sessions.

There are some important situations where you must not consider using sunbeds (or any form of sunbathing). They include:

• If you have skin type 1 (fair skin, red/blond hair, blue eyes and freckles etc)
  • Under 18 years old (current regulations 16)
  • If you've got history of childhood sunburn
  • Excessive moles
HTH
jes

Latest posts

Back