Your opinion wanted on pamper/retail parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc333

Reaction score
Hi Guys
With business being a little slower than I would like at mo I'm considering doing some pamper/retail parties. I love Creative products so the party would nearly all if not all consist of these products and would involve doing a few demos to promote the products, few prizes etc and an incentive for people to book further parties then at the end retail opportunity.
I've spoken to Hyperion who have been a fab help (as always!) and told me about the catalogues and other promotional material etc.
I wanted your opinions and advice on these type of parties. What to do and not to do at them? Can they make a good income? Hints and suggestions.
I also feel that these parties would be a good opportunity to promote my mobile business and get some more bookings.
Thanks guys.

Are you thinking along the lines of a party like a tupperware party, or spice, candle or avon party? Hmmm could prove to be interesting, would also be interested to hear more on the subject.

I think thats a great idea...and just in time for christmas too, ppl could buy gift sets, maybe do a mini pedi or mani on the guest, i know ppl have make up parties i dont see why u couldn do nails. Good for buisness too if bring your cards along and have ur nails fab.

It would probably be more of a retail party as I wasn't planning to charge people to come to it. I was thinking of doing a few mini demos to give a taster of what I do and also promote the products. Spoken to Hyperion and they've brought out some fab christmas retail items (in this months Scratch) which I think could sell really well.
The host would get a free gift depending on how much is spent at the party then some kind of incentive for anyone to book a treatment or party.

My sister hosts a lot of product parties for her mates.

What they seem to do is give the host a gift (one of the products) for hosting the party and then she earns points for every purchase that she can put towards a purchase herself.

Whilst you do these parties you need to be selling but also on the hunt for other hosts to be as they will have another circle of friends to introduce you to.

I did go to one the lady literally went through the whole catalogue page by page!
She passed round a tester of a few products for everyone to try and then passes out the order forms.

The only advice I would give is dont give it the hard sell the products especially Creative should sell themselves.
Do a few demonstrations hand out the catalogue and maybe let them have a go with some of the products.

HTH.

I've done a couple of children's manicure parties which went very well, not only are you capturing them at a young age to educate them but you can also access their mums and dads after by putting pricelists and cards in the goody bags. It doesn't just have to be limited to adults as teenagers can have a few friends over for pampering on their birthdays too.
Be aware of the times each manicure or pampering takes for each person. if you have big groups you wont get round to everybody but if the host is aware of that then it wont be a problem and you can still show your talents for further individual bookings. Ideally groups of 4 can have pamper manicures in an afternoon or evening then if you can get those people to rotate houses or something each fortnight or month then you get guaranteed group bookings giving you a day's work each time. Retail items could be sold on top of this and you could do a small gift for the host for having the 'party'.
Get the wine, chocs and pampering flowing and everybody's happy !

Sounds like a great idea hunny....hope they prove to be a real success!

you could aslo offer an incentive to the host to get her guests to have a party....i do this with spray tan parties, if 2 of the guests book to have a party then the host get a free gift - works a treat!!!

This sounds like a really good idea. I hope it all goes really well for you xx

what about haveing a raffle charge them £3 or £5 for a sheet and have a hamper ready all in cellophane and give this to the winner or just wrap them up in tissue paper similar to what they do in the ann summers parties

i was also thinking about pamper partys but was abit worried about the orders as ive been waiting for creative stock for myself for a while now. and wouldnt want to let them down.

Hi,
Just to update you on this thread I started a while ago.
I finally had my first beauty party last night and it went really well.
Was very nervous at first but soon got into it, I think I surprised myself at how much I knew about the products. I've been trying out different products for months to complete my retail list so everything I sold I had 100% confidence in.
The host was given several demo treatments (facial, file and polish etc), while the other guests had various demo treatments such as foot soaks, one hand demos etc.
The host also received free gifts depending on the total of their order plus they received a discount off their order.
I started with a few ice-breakers and some prizes then talked about products whilst demo - ing. Everyone had the chance to try, smell etc.
The total sales was excellent plus I received bookings for treatments and further party bookings.
Just as well as I have another one this week and one more next week!!

That's great, well done, hopefully you'll get loads more, what products did you sell

A bit of everything, Creative, Edom, Parrs etc.
I've searched for a while for the right products, and ones that actually 'do what they say' on the packet.

Latest posts

Back