Your opinions needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1234

Reaction score
morning geeks

i just wanted to get your advice....i am about to finish my level 2 beauty with vtct at the end of june, the course has been brilliant and the tutors are wonderful very helpfull and great at what they do. But i cant decide if i should go on to do level 3...i know massage, electrical treatments and acrylic nails are included on the course...i am already qualified in level 3 massage, if i'm honest not really bothered about electrical treatments at the moment but really want to do the nails. It seems all the salons where i live require level 3 qualified for employment, i am self employed at the moment but i may want to go and work in a salon at some point so my question is:

1. is it worth me doing level 3 or should i just go for a good nails course

thanks for reading my ramble

maria x

do a nail course, you cant go wrong with a name like Creative CND

I would a dvise you to continue with the NVQ3. it simply increases your overall knowledge of especially the skin in such a way that you will only be a better therapist for it. Yes it's hard work and another year of training but trust me it's definately worth it. I don't think I would conider employing a therapist who wan't level 3 qualified.

You just never know when it may be useful....as i found out once when i needed to ttrend a course that required level 3 as a pre requisite in facial electricle treatments!
As Pure said employment chances are higher when going for a job,and you never know you may like it....good luck:)

thanks for the advice, my hubby thinks i should do it as well....i think i will do it as said above it will increase my chances with employment....i can always do a nails course after
maria x

I finished level 2 and went onto do level 3 as the tutors pushed me into it and I wasn't 100% sure if i wanted to go down the electrical route or the holistic route. I hated electricals so I left. I don't regret leaving as I wouldn't want to go and work in a place that required me to do these treatments anyway.
So my advise would be if you really are not fussed about doing these treatments then just look for a good nail course hun.
Good luck xxx

I would advise you to continue and do the level 3 as you never know when you might need it and as has already been mentioned it will give you a deeper knowledge.

I was fortunate enough to go to a private college years ago, I didn't really have to choose which route to take as I could do both. (part was funded because of my age and the extra units I decided to add on were funded by my parents, so I actually qualified in all units available on the level 3 at the time)

I'm not a fan of electricals but i've been surprised how many times just having the qualifications has come in handy, especially when it comes to getting jobs!

You can always go onto do conversion courses with your chosen brands when you have qualified.

xx

I would advise you to continue and do the level 3 as you never know when you might need it and as has already been mentioned it will give you a deeper knowledge.

I was fortunate enough to go to a private college years ago, I didn't really have to choose which route to take as I could do both. (part was funded because of my age and the extra units I decided to add on were funded by my parents, so I actually qualified in all units available on the level 3 at the time)

I'm not a fan of electricals but i've been surprised how many times just having the qualifications has come in handy, especially when it comes to getting jobs!

You can always go onto do conversion courses with your chosen brands when you have qualified.

xx

I have to disagree with you hun. In order to do a course and be good at your treatments you need enthusiasm in the first place. If your not interesting in a course in the beginning then most people will lack motivation.
We started with 16 people in our class and were left with 5 :eek:
It definitely depends on what you want to do/work etc. I wanted to go into a spa and around here they don't offer electricals in spa's. So by me going with electrical qualifications wouldnt get me anywhere as they want holistics :hug: xxx

as an employer, I only employ level 3. I do not know of any salons who employ less. (I am sure there are)!

I think in terms of your longer term career I would advise level 3.

I agree. I only employ level 3 therapists. quite a few skincare companies (decleor/elemis etc) will only accept level 3 therapists on their courses.

I agree. I only employ level 3 therapists. quite a few skincare companies (decleor/elemis etc) will only accept level 3 therapists on their courses.

thanks, even if i only use it to do other courses it will be worth it. and seeing as quite a few of you have said that you would only employ level 3 therapists job wise thats my best option.

i shall enrol for my level 3!

maria x

I've almost finished my level 3 and agree that the knowledge gained from this course will be worth it. We never know where our lives or careers will take us, but having level 3 under your belt will certainly be beneficial!

We didn't do nail tech as part of our level 3 but I did this as a separate course, and as a mobile therapist I probably won't do any facial or body electrical treatments, but having the advanced A & P knowledge and being fully qualified I can rest assured that I have more options available than if I was just level 2 qualified.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back