Your Skincare Routine...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do change up my routine every now and again.

I have fairly normal skin but it reacts very easily to hormonal changes usually making it break out a little and just a little uncomfortable.

At the moment....

--Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

--Origins Never a Dull moment exfoliator (this is the best exfoliator I have ever used) I also like that I can use it daily therefore I will remember it as part of the routine.

--When broken out - Elemis Lavender toner is a god send (dont bother with toner otherwise)

-- Decleor moisturiser or just the Neroli oil - Have just run out of the moisturiser and so am on the lookout for something new.

--Clarins eye flash blam for under the eyes - I need a little something but the thicker eye creams dont agree with me.

I very rarely remember to cleanse at night and found switching to a mineral makeup did limit the break out damage from my laziness.

I would love to find a facemask that I could use that I would feel some benefit from and wont leave my skin either greasy or tight and uncomfortable.

My skin type is dry/combination/very sensitive. I have PCOS and my hormones are up the left most of the time but don't really suffer breakouts anymore.

I have spent a fortune on different products over the years and my skin was awful, very dry and alway had breakouts. I chucked everything out and have went back to basics and my skin has never been better.

Evening: Baby Lotion and damp face cloth
Soap and Glory Clean Mary Cleanser
Some various moisturiser depending on how my skin is that night

Morning: Soap and Glory Clean Mary Cleanser or Clinique dry skin soap
Almay day cream

Once a week I exfoliate with Soap and Glory and every now and then I apply a thin layer of Pepto Bismol, let it dry for 25 mins and rinse off.

Um it is not good me reading about not cleansing etc before bed. Funnily enough I was just thinking before I read this that it was something I had to go and do and admittedly it is a real effort some nights and quite often makes me end up going to bed later because I sit there not getting motivated to do it! I do in the end though and am currently using a combination of Moor Spa /Espa cleansers, toners, exfoliators and masks as these are the products I work with and currently trying out the Environ moisturiser given to me by the rep, so far seems OK, did look in the mirror earlier and wonder whether it was improving a large scar that runs just under my chin - I'll have to carry on and see - actually the scar does seem smoother!

Tesco baby wipes (fragrance free of course) followed by splashing with lots of cold water, yes even in this weather lol

Sometimes I use a clear liquid cleanser from a teen range, nice and drying, because at almost 44 my face is still so oily you could fry an egg on it. . .

In the past I've tried professional and over the counter products and none has made a difference so I reverted to baby wipes as they're so quick!

But the one thing I always always always do is use a moisturiser with a sunscreen in. Even in winter.

Oh yeh and superdrug eye cream for about £2 is good and lightens the eye area but may not be rich enough for folk with drier skin.

Every single product I use is Elemis so I wont bother keep writing it LOL :) So... my morning routine is Balancing Limeblossom Cleanser, Balancing Lavender Toner, Absolute Eye Serum, Pro-Collagen Marine Cream and Liquid Layer SPF 30. My evening routine is Pro Radience Cream Cleanser, Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash, Balancing Lavender Toner, Absolute Eye Serum and Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Night Cream. Once or twice a week I use Skin Buff exfoliant and either Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask or Herbal Lavender Repair Mask (depending on hormones - I get dry, spotty skin at that time of the month) My body routine is simpler, Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with Frangipani Monoi Oil once a month if I get time to have a bath as it's too messy to do before I get in the shower, and Skin Nourishing Milk Bath as a body milk after a bath/shower. I also use Lime & Ginger body wash in the shower although it's not the best in terms of lather. As you can probably tell I'm an Elemis therapist and total addict...! xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back