Your Skincare Routine...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
We haven't done one of these in a while and I love hearing what everyone uses and why.....This is for everyone (hence chitchat) Just a fun thread to share what we use on our skin and why....If we could start with your Skintype....then a bedtime routine and a morning routine.

My Skin is oily/combination and get the occasional break out (which i hate cos i pick and make it worse)

I wash my face at night with Neutrogena oil free face wash....and use a little yellow sponge thing i got from sally's to really get a good lather going and scrub well.

Then I pat dry and use Nivea Visage eye cream and warm a little Decleor night time balm (ylang ylang) in the palms of my hand and sweep over my face...aparently this kind of decongests my skin....???? dunno but i like it.

Morning is a quick wash with the Neutrogena face wash again (i wake up with a oily t-zone so like to remove that) and then neautragina oil free moisturiser as a base for my foundation.

I am quite happy with what i am using but....even though i use oil free products and products with Salicylic acid (supposed to be good for removing dead skin and preventing spots) i still get break outs now and then.....so wondering if maybe i am removing too much oil from my skin .... Mmmmm

Anyway ...would love to hear your routines :hug:

This will be interesting!

I am a real trying everything type of gal and dont really have a set routine but this is what I am using at the moment.

I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish in the shower in the morning and my current eye cream and moisturiser are Loreal Dermogenesis.

At night I use a facial wipe - I think they are Tesco Skin Wisdom Firm and Lift at the moment and I got a small size of the Liz Earle Superskin concentrate and moisturiser which I am trying.

I am 47 and dont appear to have many if any visible wrinkles which is good but I put that down to my natural botox (overweight face LOL) rather than anything else.

I have tried all sorts - Nimue, Environ, Dermalogica, Tescos, Loreal plus loads that I can't remember LOL.

I am just about to try A'kin as I have heard that Rosehip oil is fabulous for your skin.

I have skin that changes all the time from oily to dry and I get the odd break out. I have bad acne scars as well as eczema so really bad skin. I use most of the philosophy range as I find it is the only stuff that works no matter what my skin decides to do.

My mum introduced me to the range years ago as she thought it would help and I've never used anything else since.

Ive recently ordered something called a tresonic massager a smaller version of the better known clarisonic from a well known shopping channel and it is brilliant. I use it with clarins and after a week id say my skin has never looked so good ive finally got rid of my little black open pores on my nose.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I should admit all this as my skincare routine is a bit haphazard!!! I am very lucky as my skin is really good, getting a bit drier as I get older and a little sensitive......

In the morning I wash with Aqua Marina from Lush, tone with Eau do Roma (lush) and then I use Body Shop Vit C Serum and moisturise. I bought a facial oil and moisturiser at Olympia on Sunday from Natural Elements, their Anti-Aging range.

Now at night it goes a bit wonky - I regularly go to bed in my make-up and then wash it off in the shower the next day, but I also use baby wipes to take my eye-make up off :o. Now I have the facial oil I am taking my make up off with baby wipes, toning and then using the oil before bed.

There, I have shared my mucky skincare habits!!! I am also a bit of a collector of skin creams and treatments all of which I buy with the good intentions of using!!!

I am rather naughty too when it comes to bed time. I will sometimes, if I am feeling particularly virtuous take my make up off before I go to sleep but more often than not I just I will sleep with whatever is left after the day (which in my defence isn't much usually) but in the morning I am much better about everything. I put my cleanser on and wash it off in the shower which is efficent but does mean I don't get to see all the dirt that comes off which is part of the fun, then I tone and moisturise as usual. I use moor spa cleanser and toner and then I use Deep Sea Spa (I think it is called that) moisturiser which I bought by accident (don't ask me how I bought something by accident, it is a long and niave story) but actually really like but I am running out of it so I will probably change to a Moor Spa one soon. I also exfoliate a couple of times a week and I use the Moor Spa mask too when I can be bothered but it involves actually taking my cleanser off with pads which while satifying, is rather more time consuming than I like.

I have generally good skin spot-wise but it is rather dry and I think I will definitely be investingating a SERIOUSLY moisturising moisturiser next time. It is also very sensitive so I have to watch out for anything that could be harsh so it is a bit of a mine-field for me! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Lx

I use Nimue everything and am on the hyperpigmented skin classification range.

I use the 1.4% triple AHA cleansing gel followed by my conditoner which I apply with gauze. I then use an eye serum (which has seriously helped my dark, puffy eyes), I then apply my Day Fader and SPF - all set to go. In the evening I use the same but with a Night Fader which is a stronger formulation for my dark pigmentation patches. Every couple of days I use my exfoliating enzyme.

I have only been using Nimue about 4 months but the difference it has made to my skin has been amazing.

At night time I use Aloe Cleanser from the Body Shop, followed by the Aloe Toner. Then I use the TeaTree Skin Clearing Lotion from the Body Shop (works wonders on my very oily skin!!) - this is like a moisturiser but at the same time helps diminish blemishes and oil! I also use Evening Primrose eye cream from Boots.

In the morning I pretty much do exactly the same.

I scrub my face a few times a week with Vitamin C Micro Refiner from the Body Shop.

Im 18 but Im sure Im already starting to get fine lines around my eyes! I dont know if Im just paranoid or what Im doing wrong :( .

i still get break outs now and then.....so wondering if maybe i am removing too much oil from my skin .... Mmmmm
I'm in my mid 30s and still have oily skin and break outs. I used to use cleansers that gave me a squeaky clean finish. Last year I switched to Cetaphil (regular, not the oily skin version) and I really like it. My skin is actually a little bit less oily - I guess because I'm not stripping it of its natural oils. Also because it's so gentle, I can really work it into my eyes and remove mascara without an extra product. It can even be used without water in a pinch.

I have normal skin with an oily nose so this is what I do:

I use Thalgo Foaming Marine Cleanser, then I use Thalgo Pure Freshness Tonic Lotion, followed by Thalgo Intense regulating Serum on my nose then Thalgo Revitalising Eye Contour Cream then Thalgo Wrinkle Control Cream (love the way this makes my skin feel really smooth) followed by Dermalogica Solar Defense SPF 30. 2 x per week I use Thalgo Pure Freshness Exfoliant Cream

Ok so I am a bit of a Thalgo fan but then it's what I use in my salon so I am my own advert and my skin looks better than it ever has done (I'm 39) with no visibile wrinkles but a bit of pigmentation that I'm looking into having IPL for.

The token Dermalogica thrown into my routing is the only SPF 30 that I have found to not be really thick & white looking on my skin.

Can I ask why some of you do not use brands that you work with?

Em x

Can I ask why some of you do not use brands that you work with?

Em x

I think most therapists do.This is in chit chat so open to all and the discussion not restricted to professional brands.
I do very few facials its not something i promote or particularly enjoy.I use eve taylor but i have always used and liked Clarins for myself.it suits my skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most therapists do.This is in chit chat so open to all and the discussion not restricted to professional brands.
I do very few facials its not something i promote or particularly enjoy.I use eve taylor but i have always used and liked Clarins for myself.it suits my skin.

Errr, yes I know that. I'm not trying to put anyone down for not using pro brands and I do use some OTC products myself.

My question is interesting to me as if I can understand why therapists choose OTC products over the brands that they are trained to understand the benefits of then perhaps it may give an insight as to why some clients still prefer to use them even when educated into the quality & benefit of the pro brands.

Em x

I do use the same skin care as I do in the salon. For me, I think you can speak about the brand to clients much better if you are using it yourself.

i use either ILCSI , especially the sour cherry gel mask and apricot moisturiser, or PURE FIJI, serum is great:hug:

I dont have a salon brand because I am not a beauty therapist.

I used to go to a salon (well two different ones) and one said my skin was really good and hydrated because of the amount of water I drink and the other said my skin was dehydrated so I am confused LOL.

Everyone always tells me what great skin I have ..... :lol: If they only knew!!

I Use Nimue cleanser every morning (only because I can still get it cheap from Sweet Squared :lol:) .. never use a toner ever. Every few days I use Dior exfoliant as well (because someone gave me a bottle). I am very keen on moisturizng but use anything that is good or I have been given. Recently I've had a purge to use up everything I have so I can start afresh. Using Nivea visage at the moment and frankly it's as good as anything else I've ever used (at 3 times the price).

When I want to go to bed . I want to go to bed NOW ... so I never cleanse my face at night (scandalous I know :green:).

I have had long spells of only using one brand and it's made no difference to my skin if I do or if I mix it up. Maybe it's just all in the genes ... all the babes in my family have great skin.

Last edited:
splash of cold water......and whichever 'lotion/moisturiser' is the nearest in the cuboard.

I have really good skin:green: (cant say the same about anything else though:irked:)

I think 99% of it's in the genes

Ok, I have a baaaad routine lol! Actually, no routine to speak of!

I use Olay facial wash - sometimes, if I've slept in my make-up otherwise I just wash my face with tepid water & pat dry. I don't wear make-up much these days, only if I'm going out.
I use Garnier Ultra Lift eye cream every morning & Garnier Anti-wrinkle day cream evry morning.
At night, I use Garnier night cream normally, but I'm trying this Avon Anew clinical derma - full X3 facial filling serum for my eye area too.
I have no wrinkles, no spots (never had any spots) and I'm 47!

I must say, with my poor routine, I do use a skin toner after cleansing, sometimes! But I've religiously been using a seperate eye & face cream for 15 years every day to keep the wrinkles at bay, which seems to of worked.

One of these days, I shall book myself in for a facial & skin consultation at a salon, maybe!

I probably have one of the worst skin care routines out of all the geeks!!!

I remove my make up with baby wipes (the aloe vera ones) and then apply nivea soft moisturiser.....people are always saying how lovely my skin is but i'm never brave enough to say what I use!!! Only my mum (and now you guys!!) know my trusted secret!!!

I have worked for some of the biggest skin care companies and whilst working for them I always used their products....but none ever captured me so much that I stayed loyal!

I have all sorts of lotions and potions to hand but I always come back to the same two things!

xx

i use the brand i work with and totally love..YSL..........
In the morning i use Lisse expert eye and lip cream
Temps Majeur serum
Lisse Expert advanced intensive anti wrinkle cream
In the evening i take my make up off with clarins eye make up remover and there cleanser(sshhhh!!!lol)
then use my lisse expert eye cream again ...followed by Temps Majeur nutri cream

Latest posts

Back