Your thoughts greatly received

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Hi all, i am a qulified hairdresser and nail tech,i am about to begin a photographic make up course.

My one of my sister in laws is a photographer,and i am thinking of offering a full make over package with her.

Hair,nails and make up,photo shoot and three 6x4 (standard size) photographs for £150.00

I was thinking eg,proir to prom,wedding,birthday gift that sort of thing,speciual occasions.

Firstly do you think the price is fair and would it be something you would consider,either for yourself or as a gift ?

Opinions greatly received ,thanks

don't know anything about the pricing, but I think it's a fab idea.

I think thats a great idea! Id have one!!!:hug:

Wicked........don't know much about the pricing myself,but would you be willing to pay that ?

(wicked,i sound like a right chav lol )

I think its totally fab ... but I would because its something Ive been considering myself!
Last year, I spent a day with an organisation that did this, I did the nails.
They were booked back-to-back.
Only one critism I would have of your idea ... 6"x4" is a bit naff.
If I were paying for it, even at a good price like £150, Id want at least one 8"x10"
It wouldnt cost you much more to do and it would look so much more professional.
JMO

Glorsclaws said:
I think its totally fab ... but I would because its something Ive been considering myself!
Last year, I spent a day with an organisation that did this, I did the nails.
They were booked back-to-back.
Only one critism I would have of your idea ... 6"x4" is a bit naff.
If I were paying for it, even at a good price like £150, Id want at least one 8"x10"
It wouldnt cost you much more to do and it would look so much more professional.
JMO

I know what you are saying hun,but would you prefer three 6x4 or one 8x10??

Maybe we could give them that as an option?

What do you think?

Perhaps two 6"x4" & one 8"x10" ... 8"x10" doesnt cost that much more to print.
At the very least offer different packages (a chance to make a bit more perhaps).
I dont want to pour cold water on your idea, as I said I want to go that route myself but, 6"x4" just doesnt look professional to me and Ive never heard of a professional studio/photographer that offers 6"x4" only.
Its worth remembering that if youre offering a package then peeps will want something worth showing off at the end.
Keep us posted on how it progesses, good luck.

Glorsclaws said:
Perhaps two 6"x4" & one 8"x10" ... 8"x10" doesnt cost that much more to print.
At the very least offer different packages (a chance to make a bit more perhaps).
I dont want to pour cold water on your idea, as I said I want to go that route myself but, 6"x4" just doesnt look professional to me and Ive never heard of a professional studio/photographer that offers 6"x4" only.
Its worth remembering that if youre offering a package then peeps will want something worth showing off at the end.
Keep us posted on how it progesses, good luck.

Yeah,food for thought,the idea behing those sizes was simply to encourage people to purchase larger size photo's (more profit for my sis in law).

Thanks for your advice,i will put it to her and seiriously take it into consideration.

Btw,i have not talked with her about sizes yet as i am just brainstorming,i am sure she will agree with you ! lol i really ought to stick to what i know :hug:

becki x said:
lol i really ought to stick to what i know :hug:

Peeps keep telling me to do that ... but its not stopping me, lol!
Im genuinely interested & look forward to hearing what the other geeks think.
Do let me know how it progresses.

Brainwave.........what about mum 2 b shot's,i certainly could have done with some pampering when i was expecting,and it's a perfect way to preserve the memories.

Opinions please x

Glorsclaws said:
Peeps keep telling me to do that ... but its not stopping me, lol!
Im genuinely interested so do keep us/me informed.

Certainly will hun:hug:

I assume you will take more then 3 pictures in case they dont like them. They choose the 3 photos they want and can pay extra if they like the rest.

becki x said:
Brainwave.........what about mum 2 b shot's,i certainly could have done with some pampering when i was expecting,and it's a perfect way to preserve the memories.

Opinions please x
Mum-to-be shots are really 'in' right now!
Its getting very hip (amongst photographers anyway) to take pics of the expectant mums naked tum, with clothing strategically placed around it. Ill try & find a site for you to show you what I mean. Looks classier than it sounds!

Glorsclaws said:
Mum-to-be shots are really 'in' right now!
Its getting very hip (amongst photographers anyway) to take pics of the expectant mums naked tum, with clothing strategically placed around it. Ill try & find a site for you to show you what I mean. Looks classier than it sounds!

hi chick
the photographers near me offer the same package at the same price. you get 1 8x10 photo unframed etc. I think its fair and most people will buy a few and some even the frames.
I had photos done of us all without the makeover and for 5 framed one book and calendar I paid £2000 so £150 is good.
go for it:hug:

Mum to be idea is brilliant, something I probably would of done when I was pregnant.
I would of wanted it in black & white in the hope stretch marks didnt show up though (LOL!)

the mums to be sounds great, i would have loved to have had one but didnt know about it then...was the only time i was happy with my body so would have been proud to have had a picture like this done showing my bump and my contentment with it.
great ideas

becki x said:
Hi all, i am a qulified hairdresser and nail tech,i am about to begin a photographic make up course.

My one of my sister in laws is a photographer,and i am thinking of offering a full make over package with her.

Hair,nails and make up,photo shoot and three 6x4 (standard size) photographs for £150.00

I was thinking eg,proir to prom,wedding,birthday gift that sort of thing,speciual occasions.

Firstly do you think the price is fair and would it be something you would consider,either for yourself or as a gift ?

Opinions greatly received ,thanks

Hi Becki, I think this is a fab idea, especially for mums to be! i have often thought of this kind of thing for a bday present for my mum. So i for one would def go for it.
Although like Glorsclaws mentioned before, maybe a slighter bigger size photo.

Great idea though, hope it works out! :green:

Love Boop xxxx

It would usually be about twenty shots taken.

Then you get the pick of the bunch x

Latest posts

Back