Your views please .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work from home.
My station is set up in the upstairs living room (family/play room is in the basement). It can not be shut off from the rest of the house and has no doors on it. I have a cat and a pekingese.
I warn everyone that is new; I have a dog and cat. The cat, I can not control his wanderings, the dog is usually baricaded into the kitchen with a babygate or into the basement.
To date, there has never been a problem and most make a fuss over my pets. Even as far as bringing xmas goodies for them.

it does make it harder to keep that room 'pet hair' free. I do my best.... and well.. if a pet hair is flying through the air.. my apologies.

My cat... is a social butterfly and wants to jump on everyone's lap. I have to discourage clients from letting him do this as he thinks he can just jump on anyone he pleases :rolleyes: Really NOT a good thing at the mani table and NOT tolerated. He gets a swat on the heinie on the odd ocassion a client invites him and I'm not fast enough to veto it.
Short of stuffing my cat into a box and listening to him scream all ruddy night, I can't do anything about his meandering.

We hope to have a larger house in a few years, and then a seperate room with a door for my business.

Now.... I'm an animal lover... DUUHHH lol you couldn't tell, right? hehe

Anyway... I understand that people are considered with hygiene and such... but gotta tell ya, I've met many people that arent' as clean as my pets.
And why all the hooplah about pet hair when people shed too is beyond me.. my hair is ALL OVER the house.. I have very long hair.... and tonnes of it. I've killed 3 vacuums.

So, my point to all this: if you dont like my pets, phooey on you, I dont like you either

haha

Hi Dawnie,
like some other geeks, I generally dont like dogs, but thats 'cos I find them unpredictable (i feel the same way about horses!),
but a well trained hearing or seeing dog would be FINE!:hug:

I would not have a problem either, I cant see there being a problem with it with reguards to health & safety
Keep us posted xxxxxxxxxxx

Just realised how old this post is lol

i work from home and have a dog, my nail room is upstairs. I ask new people do you mind dogs? He will come into the room occasionally, especially if my client and i are laughing as he want to see what we are laughing about!

i havent come accross anyone who dislikes this. If he is pestering me for attention then i just tell him to get out the room and he does, bless!

ditto, I just realized how old it is too.

"So, my point to all this: if you dont like my pets, phooey on you, I dont like you either

haha"

I just re-read my post, and realized how some might take offense at this, and I apologize if anyone has.
I guess what I should have said was "if you dont like my pets, then feel free to get your services elsewhere".
I have friends that aren't keen on animals, and I like them just fine...... despite that flaw :wink2:

just kidding :Love:

Latest posts

Back