Zebra stripes nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that design :) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I used a thin black striper brush then glitter is nubar glitter striper . I got the black nubar striper but can't get it as thin with that brush xx

I used a thin black striper brush then glitter is nubar glitter striper . I got the black nubar striper but can't get it as thin with that brush xx
I tried a brush the other week for doing stripes but found it quite thick and frayed looking, if that makes sense, it wasn't a solid line all the way through.

I shall look for a better brush, thanks :)

Looks fab, I often do my nails zebra I love it!
Emily, If you cut your striper brush tip at an angle it is much easier to do the stripes. Start at the edge and push down more and as you come to centre just lift off slighty and the angled tip leaves a v thin line xx

They look lovely, you should be really proud :)

Very well executed. I really mean that, your work is very well done, can you hear my 'but' :biggrin:
It's not anything you've done wrong, it's just me, I don't like bright neon pink and that is BRIGHT.
Very neat work hun. I bet your client loves them as she should :hug:
For those of you who were saying about wanting a fine brush, you can get double zero 00 art brushes from every art suppliers and they are not expensive. No they won't last as long as a brush from a nail art supplier, but for very fine detail work, you can't beat them and if you use poster paints for your art, they are fine, they rinse out in water.

Thanks susie :) xxx I'll take some more. I've had a client request swarvoski crystals in the bio sculpture gel for her wedding in august ? I've tried it out with normal rhinestones and it dulls when I put top coat of gel over :s there is a big price difference with the swarvoski and I don't wan them to dull do you know how I can prevent this happening ? X

Thanks susie :) xxx I'll take some more. I've had a client request swarvoski crystals in the bio sculpture gel for her wedding in august ? I've tried it out with normal rhinestones and it dulls when I put top coat of gel over :s there is a big price difference with the swarvoski and I don't wan them to dull do you know how I can prevent this happening ? X

I did a crystal pedi on myself this week using Swarovski crystals and the difference between Swarovski and rhinestones is immence.

I set them and covered them in Bio Sculpture and the sparkles are brilliant.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for the reply emily :) I know I finished with gel Over top and it Dulled right down :( plus they are just plastic not swarvoski !! ... How do you keep yours sparkly Emily ? I felt mine needed gel over top to stop them pinging off didn't trust them to stay on . I use bio sculpture gel . I did prep . Then applied base of clear then set stones in strips of clear but now a thick layer of clear then finished with s gel over top xx

As far as nail art brushes go, may I suggested going to an art supply store? I get most of my brushes there. They're amazing and long lasting. I've had my brushes for years. If you care for them properly, they will last you.

Love the striping! When I was in nail school, my instructor brought in bolts of zebra, cheetah and leopard printed material and had us cut out sqaures our favorite patterned "bits." Then we had to practice copying the patterns on entire nails. What fun it was. After all these years, I still have my squares.

I still haven't got the knack of free hand leopard print lol ! Would love to do leopard print :p find It so tricky x

Latest posts

Back