Zillionaire vs Iced Vapour Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
So it seems the glittery shellacs are being discontinued. I have only used zillionaire & wondered if iced vapour was more glittery? I have 2 bottles of zillionaire & was thinking of selling one as don't do nails all the time & didn't want to keep it for ages. But if the glitters are going should I keep or sell or get iced vapour? Thanks x

Honestly in the 4 years I've being doing Shellac, I've never used zillionaire as a colour choice. I've used it over rock stars to smooth over. Every one is different though.

Ice vapour is a beautiful colour, so glittery. Another I love is mother of pearl for a discreet sparkle. Not sure if MOP is a discontinued one.

[QUOTE=Nails
So I may as well try & sell the spare one & go for iced vapour next time? Thanks x

I have only ever used 3 bottles of zillionaire in 3 years. I used 4 bottles of ice vapor last Christmas alone. It is so much prettier and more glittery.

Is ice vapor still available as it was a limited edition duo last year? Might still be around though :)

zillionaire is iced vapours..very...very poor first cousin..
CND please bring iced vapour out into open stock!! begging nicely..

MOP is discontinued as is iced coral , vip silver status and lastly and most sadly moonlight and roses

zillionaire is iced vapours..very...very poor first cousin..
CND please bring iced vapour out into open stock!! begging nicely..

MOP is discontinued as is iced coral , vip silver status and lastly and most sadly moonlight and roses

I got moonlight & roses in a set of 6 or 7 recently from s2. Was a really good price( that's where my 2nd bottle of zillionaire came from). Have a look at the packages or offers section

Never used Zillionaire on its own either, just a smoother for rockstars.

I really wish they'd go back on their decision to discontinue the VIPs! Silver is sooooo popular for me! I'd be interested to see a side by side of Zillionaire and Iced Vapour if anyone has one?

I got moonlight & roses in a set of 6 or 7 recently from s2. Was a really good price( that's where my 2nd bottle of zillionaire came from). Have a look at the packages or offers section

Ah , i won't run out of any of them in the near future...I stock piled when I heard they were being discontinued ....I'm such a saddo. lol

But wasn't the iced vapour and green one available (something 'glen' I can't remember!) at the show earlier this month?

I have only ever used zillionaire over rockstars also.

But wasn't the iced vapour and green one available (something 'glen' I can't remember!) at the show earlier this month?

I have only ever used zillionaire over rockstars also.

yep, iced vapour and frosted glen ...and they were great value.....

yep, iced vapour and frosted glen ...and they were great value.....

Ah frosted glen that was it! I know I really wanted it but the queue was too long! Iced vapour is so gorgeous

Ah frosted glen that was it! I know I really wanted it but the queue was too long! Iced vapour is so gorgeous

ah I was on one of the tills and the queue moved on very fast...do come up and say hello if you're going to the next show in March.

ah I was on one of the tills and the queue moved on very fast...do come up and say hello if you're going to the next show in March.

Awh no way, raging! If I was alone I definately would have queued!

I've just had iced vapour delivered yesterday...haven't used it yet but had to put a little on my nail as I was so excited and I'm in love. Not happy silver vip has been discontinued though..didn't realise that one was going, probably one of my most popular for French base :( preparing myself for lots of grumpy customers!
Back to the question though...I can honestly say I have NEVER used my zillionaire and I really hate it, most disappointing shellac colour I have. Will be using it over my rockstars from now on to use it up though...why didn't I think of that before!! Haha
K xx

Ah , i won't run out of any of them in the near future...I stock piled when I heard they were being discontinued ....I'm such a saddo. lol

How long would bottles last unopened do you think? X

How long would bottles last unopened do you think? X

unopened? ages , most products have a shelf life of 18 months- 2 years ...it'll be written on the box

My Zillionaire is from my first ever collection. I still have a few from 3/4 years ago and they are fab. I just use them for nail art as there isn't enough for full sets.

The only one that didn't last was Iced cappuccino, the brush snapped in half. Just opened it one day and it was like it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys. So I could use zillionaire as an alternative to a top coat when doing additives (is that what's called rock star nails?) so that I have one top coat for that & then the usual proper top coat for colours? If I've understood right that's a fab idea! 😀x

Thanks guys. So I could use zillionaire as an alternative to a top coat when doing additives (is that what's called rock star nails?) so that I have one top coat for that & then the usual proper top coat for colours? If I've understood right that's a fab idea! 😀x

No not quite. Rockstars are full glitter coverage. The glitter can give a rough finish even when top coated so a lot of techs use a layer of clearly pink or zillionaire to smooth the glitter. Top coat is then added as normal. It stops you having to do 2 top coats and also stops any glitter particles getting into your usual top coat.

The same goes for additives, lots use clearly pink and then top coat. The clearly pink seals the additives in before top coating. Zillionaire has particles in so you probably wouldn't want to use this over additives as it may affect the look whereas with rockstars it's fine as zillionaire gets lost in with the glitter sparkle.

Hope that makes sense

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Zillionaire a lot. It looks lovely over the darker colours, particularly Black Pool and Midnight Swim. It's fab over Hot Chilis and Hot Pop Pink too (gives a party/confetti kind of look). I also use it a lot over rockstar nails, it gives an extra depth to them. I find that you REALLY need to shake it well to get a good mix otherwise all the glitter colour bits sink to the bottom and you don't get many at all.

My clients' favourite sparkle by far is Silver VIP Status, so gutted this has been discontinued. It really suits those who like a bit of sparkle but don't want glitter. Also haven't been able to get hold of Gold VIP for a while but I didn't think they'd discontinued that one. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back